best year for renegade?

scramblerX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whats the best year for the renegade? Are there any problems with the 2012's Any reliability problems? Other years any beter? Thanks.

blackie205

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
i had a 09x and 10xxc,the 09 had tons of sensor problems,the 10 had power steering and bat problems,the 11 i hear were way better no one has a 12 here yet so only time will tell but 1000 was a blast to ride on the demo days this might be my next one

scramblerX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I'm mostly interested in reliability and any problems that have come up. Chime in if you have any experience with them.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a 2012 renegade yet?
Picking up my XXC on Saturday. Snorks, winch, clutching and 30" rubber by Sunday night!

Thanks for the info, I'm mostly interested in reliability and any problems that have come up. Chime in if you have any experience with them.
I never had a Renny...but the Outlander is 95% the same (different shocks, slightly different shock alignment, less plastic) and my 07 was a GREAT machine. 5 years of mudding with no let-downs. Did 2 water pump seals under warranty, one lower A-arm and 2 CV boots from my abuse, and 2 u-joints and 1 ball joint for actual wear and tear. It had snorkels and 28 to 30" mud tires on it since day 1. Can't wait to beat up on the new one....it also has 3 yrs warranty.

As far as year...if you could find an 08 or 07, go for that. Non-"r" motor. The 09 and newer have more HP and a bit more top end, but the 06 to 08 have better low-end timing for a LOT more snap out of the hole (wheely power). The 10's and newer have a larger charging system...but mostly there is not a lot of differences over the years (until 2012).

Last edited:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Picking up my XXC on Saturday. Snorks, winch, clutching and 30" rubber by Sunday night!

I never had a Renny...but the Outlander is 95% the same (different shocks, slightly different shock alignment, less plastic) and my 07 was a GREAT machine. 5 years of mudding with no let-downs. Did 2 water pump seals under warranty, one lower A-arm and 2 CV boots from my abuse, and 2 u-joints and 1 ball joint for actual wear and tear. It had snorkels and 28 to 30" mud tires on it since day 1. Can't wait to beat up on the new one....it also has 3 yrs warranty.

800 or 1000 for the new one Dave?

scramblerX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What dealer did you get the new renegade from? Did you get a good deal? Or do they deal on the new ones at all?

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What dealer did you get the new renegade from? Did you get a good deal? Or do they deal on the new ones at all?
Pines in P.A. flexes quite a bit from the MSRP....
Normally I buy everything from Trackside in Olds, but they are a smaller dealership and are only getting a limited number of XXC's....he wasn't expecting to get another one until March or April, so I went with Pines.

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i had a 07 rene, it was a good machine. can't complain! Had only normal problems for the style of riding i do. Put on 7000 km and then it got stolen.. had a water pump seal go twice, a arm bushings replaced twice, front diff and rear diff replaced ( but this was from riding it on a mx track every weekend for 3 years) nothing really else.. oh ya had a steering stem break at the weld up top on the mounting plate and it was bent too.. very weak steering stems. other than that it was a great machine with the mods i had on it..... then in June of 10 it got stolen.

Was replaces with a 2010 rene Xxc, which is the bike i still have.. have 4000 km on it already and only had a cooling fan and fuel pump pack it in... thats it.. can't be happier with the machine i have now.

The 12's have had a lot of waterpump issuies again... they also have had very quick wearing brake shoes on the outty cause different pads on the rene. The new beadlock wheels now are having an issue too.. they break vertically in half.. yes you read it corectly.. Kevin who owns get torqed in edmonton had it happen to him and i seen someone else in europe with the same problem.. the old beadlocks are a bit heavier but at least they are very bullit proof over the new beadlock on the 2012 rene.

but the 12's have some neat frame and a arm geometry.. also the rear TTi arms are pretty trick now.. plus you get one of the best performing shock that are used by 90% of pros's on the can-ams, the FOX poudium shocks. other shocks in the leaque are KYB Pro's from Hygear performance and Elka...

You can have a lemon in any year... i have seen guys with 07's with tons of problems and then others hardly any...same with my 10 Xxc, lots of km and we hard very hard most of the time and only 2 issiues that where both warranty.. i have owned it since start of July 2010 till now...thats 1 year and 5 months. 4000 km and treated me awesome. others i know have nothing but problems.. its a hit and miss with these quad imo.

Top Bottom