Best Western Fernie

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Wow, nice hotel but what a bunch of asshats that run the place. Complained about noise before 10 pm and then twice more before 11. We were just sitting in the room visiting with a few other couples that are out here. Having a few drinks but by no means too loud. Complained to the manager, he offered to call the cops or kick us out lol. For those that don't know me, we are all 40 and over not young kids haha. So nice hotel, very expensive, but don't make any noise (even talking) after 9....

dzignr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.crowsnow.org
Well I can understand your dissatisfaction with the scenario; it really does a proprietor no good to treat the folks that pay their wages poorly. I believe it is great that you offered a review of the Best Western in Fernie. I hope lots of sledders read this and that the Best Western in Fernie hears about the poor attitude and reputation they are garnering from customers. I know it takes a bit of cash for sledders to buy equipment, fill the vehicle and sleds with fuel, drive out to the trails and pay for accommodation, food and entertainment. To be treated unfairly is just not something we should have to put up with.

I know here in the Crowsnest Pass, the various places in the area offering accommodations are eager for your business and approach us (Crow Snow Riders) asking for feedback. If anyone has any problems or bad experiences in Crowsnest Pass, let us know and we will follow-up. There is a list of accommodations on our website at if anyone is looking or if you experienced a bad experience and want to jot down the name and phone number of the establishment. Don't forget to give credit where credit is due though; it does the sport no good if all anyone ever hears about is the bad times ... gotta sprinkle a few good points into the mix every now and then right?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Hey man, you were so excited about the snow that you couldn't stop talking and with a drink here and there it just got louder and louder.......from what you said about the manager saying, hahaha

If you would have been out sledding all day instead of skiing you would have been sooo tired that you would have been sleeping by 9:00 pm

Park Place Lodge is a major sponsor of the FSA and is nice. Still expensive but that happens in a world class ski town.

That family friendly trail is marked for you Brad, enjoy and Happy New Year.

PS Lots of untouched in the trees.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow, nice hotel but what a bunch of asshats that run the place. Complained about noise before 10 pm and then twice more before 11. We were just sitting in the room visiting with a few other couples that are out here. Having a few drinks but by no means too loud. Complained to the manager, he offered to call the cops or kick us out lol. For those that don't know me, we are all 40 and over not young kids haha. So nice hotel, very expensive, but don't make any noise (even talking) after 9....

must be friggin teenagers. old teenagers of the worst kind. been in a few motels/hotels, when people are drinking, they make noise, and the guy next door may as well join the party as he can usually hear every word, and there is always a lot of laughs, loud talk etc. obviously you guys were makin noise or you would not have been bothered, i've been there done that

friggin drunken teenagers. and from medicine hat to boot

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it's a 2 sided coin for sure, the manager wouldn't have said anything unless someone complained. if he had done nothing then maybe someone else would have started a thread complaining about the noise at the Fernie Best Western and despite multiple complaints the management did nothing.....damned if you do and damned if you don't. I like to party

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

They are azzhats stayed there 27 28 29 last time for our group. Only good thing about the dump used to be the breakfast nook the old girls used to own but Best Westerns taken it over and the continental they serve is garbage. Old bag at the front should up her dose of estrogen by like 8x she hates the world. If you have to stay at the Best Western in Fernie call and book corprate but only as a last resort for real they are azzclowns.

alberta73

Reaction score
stayed there last weekend during zacstracs avy course, only stayed one night and pretty much kept to ourselves but seemed nice enough. Clean rooms, breakfast about the same as most, everyone seemed friendly and had lots of room for sled trailers. I had read this thread prior to going so expectations were low but we had no issues and will stay again. That is if we are talking about the same best western, beside the extra foods.

cat girl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Super 8 is well super. We used to stay at the Best Western with friends that like it. I always thought it was waaaaaaaaay to pricey and not that friendly. :)

giddyup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry to say but its park place lodge for us, we have stayed all over fernie, best western is pricey for what you get the super 8 is great for the price, but i stay at the park place for the same price and they are a sponser of the fernie club, great rooms, the deluxe on the third floor is bigger and great price, good hot tub, bar and food attached, oh did i say the cold beer store is attached, not that i drink much in the hot tub but just saying, support the sponsor if you can, they have a sled rate as well, twoo thums ub for the place, been in the tub already
giddyup

Top Bottom