best way to prime oil pump

Doo800ho

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just going to replace the motor with a new short block it's a 03 800ho zx summit so what is the best way to prime the oil pump? Any thing else i should do when breaking in the new motor? Maybe run 25:1

Thanks for any feed back.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
run 50:1 in the first tank and monitor oil consumption. for priming the pump run it outside and hold the pump wide open for about 5 mins with a coat hanger or something. with the engine running.

Doo800ho

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey maxwell how do you tell if the oil pump is no good? i pulled the cable all the way open should oil not come through the ports or does the engine need to be running?

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey maxwell how do you tell if the oil pump is no good? i pulled the cable all the way open should oil not come through the ports or does the engine need to be running?

I believe he answered that with the last four words of the first post he sent you.
My guess would be the engine has to be running.

Doo800ho

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe he answered that with the last four words of the first post he sent you.
My guess would be the engine has to be running.

you think there would be a way to check it. just so you don't have to take the motor out again. did brp change the part number for the short block assbly?

the dealer gave me 421000612 and the brp wed site says 420079340

Top Bottom