best track length for the mountains

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Puff Puff PASS!!:cool:

Well....at least you and Maxwell got it.......LOL

Puff puff............................................hold it........................hold it...................OK PASS

jasonrev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On my 07 with a 162x2.25 non ported powdermax track I was seeing 56 mph in a dead of a climb last weekend. No bull. That was in a foot of fresh aroung 5-6000 feet. I usually seen 44-46 mph but after playing with some helix's and a team clutch it is ripping HARD. We were up and the area was busy and the only two sleds that were beating me were a turboed rx-1 and a supercharged apex and the apex was'nt that far ahead of me. By the way my sled is not big bored but it does have some bolt ons. I know it sounds far fetched and trust me I had a hard time believing my speedo but it was killing any other 800 up there and badly.
I might have been a little off on this one. I was reading 56 mph on my speedo, however I did forget to take into account that I put a speedo in that was from a rt 1000 which has 10 tooth drivers and I have 9s. So from what I can figure I was turning 50 mph. I think that is still pretty good from an 800. I know a few people on here are gonna call b.s. but tuckernater was there and he can verify it as I allowed a few people in our group ride it and if anyone that does'nt believe me want to come out this way and go for a dig I would be glad to let you hop on and see for yourself. :)

treemongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The group I ride with 3 of us have 154's, 1 has a 146 and theres 1 163. 3 are 09's and 2 are 08's, I've spent time on all 3 lengths the 163 is nice in the deep powder, but found it a tank in the heavier snow, the 146 is great on setup snow and spring. As an all round sled i like the 154 gets me the same places as the 163 and wheelies like the 146 in the spring and with stock gearing and stuck clutching I get 70 to 80 km at 8200 depending on snow conditions. The heavier the snow the slower the track.

sledder325

Reaction score
On my 07 with a 162x2.25 non ported powdermax track I was seeing 56 mph in a dead of a climb last weekend. No bull. That was in a foot of fresh aroung 5-6000 feet. I usually seen 44-46 mph but after playing with some helix's and a team clutch it is ripping HARD. We were up and the area was busy and the only two sleds that were beating me were a turboed rx-1 and a supercharged apex and the apex was'nt that far ahead of me. By the way my sled is not big bored but it does have some bolt ons. I know it sounds far fetched and trust me I had a hard time believing my speedo but it was killing any other 800 up there and badly.

what helix and gearing do you have to see that kind of track speed

jasonrev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what helix and gearing do you have to see that kind of track speed
19/47 gearing with a 48-40 helix. I am also not running stock clutching in the pirmary. If you pm me I can give you a run down of what pin weight and springs I am running.

Top Bottom