Best sleds for women???

Wranglergirl

Reaction score
Hi , I'm new to SnM and posted this ? on the reg forum, but someone suggested I look/post in HH. (still learning how to navigate around on here)
I'm interested to know what other women are riding out there?
I would like to upgrade but with so many choices out there it would be nice
to have some input and a place to start looking, not like I can take em all out for a test drive haha.
Right now I'm riding a 600 XLT, believe it or not my hubby can't catch me on the straight flats (to the bars) on his King Cat M8. Maybe due to the extra KEG he's packin, ha ha. But when it comes to the powder I'm sure not the one breaking trail and have to follow:rant: or watch where I go, and don't have the oompff in the "s"curves n powder I would like to have. So.......time to upgrade!
But...to what? I seem to loose the control I have on the bigger sleds and the sled takes me for a ride instead of me riding it! I'm not very big (5'6"/ 120lbs) so I don't have the strength the big guys got. The boys all have their input but not quite sure they understand what I'm saying..."MEN"....ha ha Easy for them to toss a machine around, I need one for me that I can toss around. I've had a few suggestions to look at but any others/input would be very much appreciated! :)
Thanks to all info!

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi , I'm new to SnM and posted this ? on the reg forum, but someone suggested I look/post in HH. (still learning how to navigate around on here)
to have some input and a place to start looking, not like I can take em all out for a test drive haha.
Right now I'm riding a 600 XLT, believe it or not my hubby can't catch me on the straight flats (to the bars) on his King Cat M8. Maybe due to the extra KEG he's packin, ha ha. But when it comes to the powder I'm sure not the one breaking trail and have to follow:rant: or watch where I go, and don't have the oompff in the "s"curves n powder I would like to have. So.......time to upgrade!
But...to what? I seem to loose the control I have on the bigger sleds and the sled takes me for a ride instead of me riding it! I'm not very big (5'6"/ 120lbs) so I don't have the strength the big guys got. The boys all have their input but not quite sure they understand what I'm saying..."MEN"....ha ha Easy for them to toss a machine around, I need one for me that I can toss around. I've had a few suggestions to look at but any others/input would be very much appreciated! :)
Thanks to all info!

Welcome Wrangler Girl. Glad to have you here!! I ride an 08 M8 with a 153.. It's a wonderful sled. I'd go a 162 on it though if given a chance.

Take care!

Mom

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a turbo apex, i have been told i ride like a girl....

I also have a M7 with some goodies..... awesome chassis for the ladies.

cat girl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am reppin you TAB for riding like a girl!! Go girl power...!! :D

As you will see on here, lots of small women riding big sleds..it is not all about the muscle :) Good luck in finding the right one for you !

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am reppin you TAB for riding like a girl!! Go girl power...!! :D

As you will see on here, lots of small women riding big sleds..it is not all about the muscle :) Good luck in finding the right one for you !

Ummmm,...... i'm a dude.......:eek::d:eek:

Oldtrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you're on an XLT right now, you might want to look at a D7 155", with your height and weight, you'll go anywhere with that, and after chucking around that triple, you'll find that at the end of the day you will still have strength to tip a drink.
Good luck

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
morning and welcome.... we sell lots of m6 sleds for the new riders and the ladies love them my wife included... i actually have a 2011 demo m6 that i ve
been riding there a ton of fun , lite weight,. great power, awesome 153 track efi, push button reverse, and you can if you want install electric start on them... they are about 9 k or less right now so they are also affordable...

thats my two cents.... try one out if you get a chance....

Terry

hcr ditch banger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My wife is riding a 2011crossfire sno-pro this year lots of power enough track to do okay in the powder. should be able to walk all over your hubby's sled. hope you find somthing you like.

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome!
my first sled was an 05 600 polaris switchback 151 it was perfect for helping me get back into the sport, but i quickly saw it needed more mods to fit me, it is now my 10yr old daughters.

so i bought an 08 800 polaris dragon 155, and i love it!

you really need to try some sleds out and figure out what kind of a feel you like every sled is different. You will soon figure out what kind of a rider you want to be, jumping, hill climbing, powder riding and so on this will help you in picking a sled as well.
I knew when i bought my first one that it would not be long and I would out grow it...maybe should have made the jump the first time but its all good now. so talk to the ladies on here and get some info and then hook up with as many peeps as you can and try the sled's out. There are always modifications that may/can be done to any sled to fit you better like risers, wider boards and well the list can go on, but those things will just finish off the fit for you...best of luck!

Last edited:

Skadi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't be afraid of the bigger sleds cause of your build. With a little finesse (on a new chassis) you will be VERY suprised how easy they respond to you. If you're looking NEW NEW, I of course suggest the Polaris Pro. I stepped into this chassis this year and it's SOOOO responsive!! Super stoked on it and could go on and on but it suits my style and I hav eno idea what yours is so I won't waste my time until we get farther along in that discussion! ALSO, it looks like Polaris has plans to come out with a 600 in the Pro chassis next year which will be a FANTASTIC machine!!!

Keep in mind a few things.... a smaller, more nimble sled may not keep up with the boys as easily in the powder and you will most likely get stuck a LOT and be frustrated... BUT, you will learn how to ride MUCH more technicaly than if you were to get a much larger sled with a long track and use it as a tractor... Once you learn techinique you can step into a bigger sled and bring all that you know (or still choose a smaller sled and continue to RIP on it!) One of my favorite riders to watch swears a 600 is her favorite sled to ride because she can really get it to react to her. However, she goes EVERYWHERE at FULL THROTTLE and has to to make it anywhere close to where the guys are going. This can be a REALLY tough riding style to learn; especially in the trees where she likes to ride!

So you need to take a look at what riding style you want, how much you want to push youself, what your goals are, what your $ amount is to spend and go from there. It's a REALLY hard question for us to answer for you... BUT, we're here to chat with you about it... So maybe take some time to think abot your goals, your style of riding. If you're looking to turn into a technical tree rider or a hill climber or a lake racer! Then look at budget and maybe the riding group you go with and how annoyed they might get if you decide to learn while they want to cover ground (this would play into your frustration factor with the machine and may mean finding a new group or getting a different machine!)

Be HONEST about things and I can't speak for everyone one here but you shoudn't wory about being judged... not everyone has goals to be the next Chris Burandt! hahahahha

Happy shopping and let us know if you narrow things down and have specific questions! or shoot me a message if you have any questions about the Pros!

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like Em said, terrain and riding style make all the difference. Your 600 probably beats your hubby's either due to track speed on flat compact snow (short track?), or where the rev-limiter is on the newer machines... They don't produce the same top-end as the older ones. It might be somewhat due to weight, but not entirely, since power will still get you further in the end.

The new chassis are a lot lighter and nimble and you might find that the new 800's actually are easier to throw around than the 600, not to mention you will get stuck far less, which means more energy at the end of the day.

I turbo'd this year, and the extra HP makes it way easier to ride.... Did I also mention way more fun????

I ride steep and deep, so 162" for me... Like MOMMA said, she's ridden the shorter track, and she would have gone longer if she had the option... She also would also go for a turbo!!! :headbanger:

thunder44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2 on the turbo and longer track. I ride an 06 -rev 800 151 I wish I had rode the Polaris brfore I bought this one. I love Skidoo so was trying to stay brand true. I have rode both the 08/09 XP's and did not find them rider friendly. I am 46 5 "8 150 lbs and decided to learn mountain riding at 40. I'm a little old to be really brave but love to climb and play in the trees.

Like everyone before me has said " It all depends on your styel and where you want to ride"

At the end of the day I still want to be able to pick up my gear LMAO and not feel beat up.

Good Luck with your choice, you have alot of amazing female riders on here to ask questions of. I wish I had, maybe a better choice would have been made but then again I do love my Rev. Maybe some more power next year.

BrownEyes420

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks to all info!

Welcome and ENJOY the site!

I ride a 2005 Summit XP 800 and love it. I guess it all depends on what you get used to, good luck!

quickclicker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome!!!

being a newbie rider, i am pretty sure you can get used to most sleds if you ride one consistantly. My bf keeps preaching that and yet takes mine when his isn't working "100%" and then i get his!

this weekend that stopped!! lol

I am now riding my own, 2009 summit x 800 and wouldn't change it. I did have to adjust the shocks, move the handle bars, throttle, brake to fit my short A$$ body but now its 100x better :)

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im on a 2010 arctic cat m8 sno pro 153 and absolutely love it!! very rider friendly to me, but im also used to the cat chassis from previous sleds..

if your not riding the mountains often, IMO the 141-146 is more than enough for the trails and will still get you a ways in the mountains when you do venture that way.. you just have to be more aggressive with your throttle

if going mountain then 150's or 160's is personal choice, im still more than happy with the 153. you dont wanna give yourself too much to deal with either

don't be scared of getting an 800.. like the other girls said it will be easier than you think.. you need to learn your leverage positioning, its different for us than males.. not saying im an expert just im in the midst of learning myself and realizing this.. 600 is a great starting machine, but if you ever feel the power of the 800 you'll never want a 600 again lol may make the learning curve more forgiving

if possible you really should try renting the machines.. would be worth the few hundred dollars for your comfort.. you have to ride each chassis differently too (newest styles).. the dragon is pretty tippy (according to my man) but he absolutely loves it now that he got used to it, great jumper n side hiller.. the m8 kinda rolls (they call it a bathtub im told? lol) so it carves fairly easy, good in the trees.. the doo you feel like your standing over the motor, practically on the skis, this is uncomfortable/intimidating to some (it seems), iv heard it compared to riding a dirtbike.. iv only rode one for about 5min, felt just weird to me

most important is having it fit to you! so adjust the shock pressures, handlebars, running boards, seat and it will make worlds of difference

Good luck finding a machine! these are just my thoughts on em all.. they are all fantastic machines..

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome Wrangler Girl. Glad to have you here!! I ride an 08 M8 with a 153.. It's a wonderful sled. I'd go a 162 on it though if given a chance.

Take care!

Mom

I'm with MOMMA....08 M8 153, love, love, love the sled but wished it had a 162!! I get on my hubby's 2010 M8 Snopro 162 and the difference is HUGE!!

Good luck on your sled shopping, you can't go wrong with any of the suggestions here. :welcomebluesign:

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ladies, ride what you want....try 'em out, everyone you can .... differant strokes for differant folks........ its about getting out, having fun.
Cheers....:beer:

Last edited by a moderator:

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The best sled for any woman is one that's close to the kitchen or camp fire where she can keep an eye on dinner so it doesn't burn.......:d

see and I was even going to open your beer for you as I served you while you were fishing... No more mrs. Nice mom for you mister... open your own beer.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess your not picking up what i was trying to laying down, or i'm not laying down what you want to pick up....either way... I had a big response but why bother........who cares!

Ladies, ride what you want....try 'em out, everyone you can .... differant strokes for differant folks........ its about getting out, having fun.
Cheers....:beer:

Yuppers Tab...

my motto in life... Gotta love what you ride....... that can be applied in many different situations...:p:p:bullrider:

Top Bottom