Best rentals in Golden???

shift

Reaction score
I've taken friends Riding in Golden who've rented from GSR (Golden Snowmobile Rentals) and Rocky Mountain Riders.

I'd recommend GSR for sure, Aaron and his wife Kim run the shop, they're the best people in the world to deal with, and their sleds are new and in great shape. When we rented the sleds, he was one short because a rental came back broken that afternoon, Aaron was good enough to give us his own personal sled for the day, while he sacrificed a day of riding and took a Freestyle 550 to the cabin at Quartz to cook up some burgers for all the riders up there. He also carries some cool merchandise at his shop!

Luke from RMR is also a good guy to deal with, however, his operation is a little shady. His sleds aren't the best, and he operates out of his parents basement. I'm sure he'll move to a better place when he gets on his feet (I think he's just starting out).

As for prices, they were comparable, but you'll get a better sled from Aaron. He's usually in the mountains riding as well, and doesn't mind helping out a fellow sledder.

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whitlock is that where you got that sweet M7 that you loved so much that day in Revy a couple years back? lol:d

Reaction score
Lets not ever speak of that day, it was one that I have tried to forget. who puts a 162 inch track on a 700 cc sled, I knew cats were not that great but that almost turned me off of sledding.
check out-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnZTRMyQjPk&feature=player_embedded- going sledding this weekend, hope its as good as this footage from Nov 7/09 off youtube.

khaos_

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey man, sounds like you have it figured out but in case anyone else needs to rent that reads this, Golden Snowmobile Rentals is by far the best one out there. That other mother f#@king crook people are talking about is renting out of a hotel up on the hill. Can't remember the name but wow, he screws over a lot of people. Have fun!!

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey man, sounds like you have it figured out but in case anyone else needs to rent that reads this, Golden Snowmobile Rentals is by far the best one out there. That other mother f#@king crook people are talking about is renting out of a hotel up on the hill. Can't remember the name but wow, he screws over a lot of people. Have fun!!

haha thats mike palumbo for yea snowpeak rentals,doing you from behind for yrs.go GSR or..

whiskydick

Reaction score
last year new years my buddy rented a 08 xp from rocky mountain riders. owner name was luke. he was a great guy when he rented us the sled but when he brought it back he turned into such a piece of sh*t. he was mad the sled had road salt on it, and wanted us to wash it (never came with a cover) opened the hood and said we tore his belt ( nothing was wrong with the belt), told us to go buy him a new belt, we said f*k that.we got into a huge fight and he told us he has our credit card number so he was gonna charge it the 5000$. this guy is a huge scam. rocky mountain riders is a joke..straight up. golden snowmobile rentals all the way. word gets around, treat people unfairly and take advantage of them will come back to you.

GSR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey thanks guys for the props! We appreciate it! We will have some new doos again this year, and we'll be adding a few Nytros for those 4 stroke guys! Our shop will be carrying all our usual brands, with some cool new ones too. We also started doing service as well, so if you have issues with your personal machines when you are out here, stop by and we'll do our best to set you up!
Thanks again
GSR!

Top Bottom