Best Removable Tunnel Bag, Doo 163"

Ramjet15x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking for opinions, want something which can easily be removed, doesn't weigh a ton and stay dry!

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Linq medium bag. Other than being ugly it functions really well and has stood up to trees and rollovers. No compartments so pack everything tight or it pulverizes your lunch and drinks.

vrscr43

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Linq medium bag. Other than being ugly it functions really well and has stood up to trees and rollovers. No compartments so pack everything tight or it pulverizes your lunch and drinks.

X2, thing takes a beating and stays relatively dry when I remember to zip it up...

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
X3.....the medium is a little higher than the small. Depends on how much you want to carry in it. The medium is rated for 19 + 3 liters and the short is rated for 10 + 3 litersl The extra 3 liters comes when the handle strap is fully extended. There is a weight restriction for each and pay attention to it or you will blow the bad apart on the whoops. I carry my extra shovel, rope, spare bungies, a pelican case for my camera gear, sometimes some layers, water and my muff-pot items, and what ever else isn't stored behind the seat or in the gauge box (for lack of a better word).

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sled.jpg I have the powder keg on my xm and love it. Stuff inside is protected since its made of hard plastic, I havent had anything get wet inside. When its detached, there's only 2 small brackets on the tunnel that shouldn't interfere with anything. I have the gas can too but its really not necessary on the E-Tec.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have found with these fitting tight to the tunnel, there is a heating problem. Not enough area on the top for the heat to escape. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
100 % right.... Plus the air and snow on top of the tunnel is part of cooling

Now ya trap and seal it all with a keg..

sledn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have found with these fitting tight to the tunnel, there is a heating problem. Not enough area on the top for the heat to escape. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Mine (Etec) has never had 'Heat problems or issues' love the powder keg

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
100 % right.... Plus the air and snow on top of the tunnel is part of cooling

Now ya trap and seal it all with a keg..
will this still be an issue with the shorter cooler's on the t3?

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure, depends where the cooler stops I guess

They may have issues just by them self, lack of coolant-cooler and 3 inch track
I guess the scratcher's will get used . not a big deal coming from a polaris

Twacked

Reaction score
Mountain addiction makes great stuff and my stuff stays dry and no heat issues.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Not me, buddy's had them

Had too many issues, and got rid of them

I went back to see if I had pictures of carrying Deano's keg on that trip up Boulder a few years ago but I didn't take any. I have also noticed on my XM's that when I have the big snowshoes in the bag strapped on the tunnel, they run a little on the hot side.

So watch the heat gauge/light and be on the ball.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went back to see if I had pictures of carrying Deano's keg on that trip up Boulder a few years ago but I didn't take any. I have also noticed on my XM's that when I have the big snowshoes in the bag strapped on the tunnel, they run a little on the hot side.

So watch the heat gauge/light and be on the ball.
U mean dano on his xp xrs, and it was both days to boulder and Frisby

Top Bottom