Best place to buy snow pulse vest?

G-rad

Reaction score
There's a designated pocket for it on the left side. If you have the armor for it, it sits in front of it and you won't feel it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

see and i thought i read some where that you aren't suppose to use that pocket for your beacon..... i could be wrong though. were do you tether it to ?

are you talking the pocket up on the shoulder ? or the one down low in front of your ribs ?

Turts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm afraid my transceiver could be damaged in the front pockets.
I sling it low on my left side. That way it is slightly under the bottom of my vest.
I still don't like it there as I have to unzip my vest, jacket and bibs to get at it.
I'm thinking of adding a bit of plastic armour to the front pocket and see how that works out.
Oh, I priced around last year and A.S.S. Had a good price at the sled show last year.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I guess I gotta ask.... Where are you wearing your beacon ?
I put mine in what I thought was the beacon pocket but after talking to the designer it's actually supposed to be a radio pocket. It has a symbol like this on it: (((. I have also used the lower front pockets but feel it is better protected in the high pocket. Initially I wore it in its sling under the vest and under my jacket but didn't like having to undo everthing to access it as well as undoing the vest is an unnecessary exposure if you needed to do a search in a higher risk area, every minute counts right.

towerrigger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put mine in what I thought was the beacon pocket but after talking to the designer it's actually supposed to be a radio pocket. It has a symbol like this on it: (((. I have also used the lower front pockets but feel it is better protected in the high pocket. Initially I wore it in its sling under the vest and under my jacket but didn't like having to undo everthing to access it as well as undoing the vest is an unnecessary exposure if you needed to do a search in a higher risk area, every minute counts right.

This is where I also thought the beacon was supposed to go. Where does a person wear it then? I usually wear the vest fairly tight as there is no crotch strap. Guess I'll have to try the bottom pocket.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is where I also thought the beacon was supposed to go. Where does a person wear it then? I usually wear the vest fairly tight as there is no crotch strap. Guess I'll have to try the bottom pocket.
I still use the 'radio pocket' for my beacon. Easy to get to and more out of the way for any impact with the bars.

charlie99

Reaction score
Redrock kustoms in edmonton is where ice bought a few from great prices. 7809912955

Redrock Kustoms

Reaction score
Not to go into this to much but in my experience the Snowpulse is a superior pack/vest. It is engineered as so the crotch strap is not required. This was done because if you ever go over the bars there is a good chance the strap can get caught as you pass over. The other reason is if a strap tears then the pack could slide up and off. The straps on the shoulders should be integrated into the pack not stitched together. I think this is a flaw with Bca as it could be caught on branches etc and separated if pulled or poked hard enough. Any Avy pack is better than no Avy pack imo!

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

G-rad

Reaction score
Not to go into this to much but in my experience the Snowpulse is a superior pack/vest. It is engineered as so the crotch strap is not required. This was done because if you ever go over the bars there is a good chance the strap can get caught as you pass over. The other reason is if a strap tears then the pack could slide up and off. The straps on the shoulders should be integrated into the pack not stitched together. I think this is a flaw with Bca as it could be caught on branches etc and separated if pulled or poked hard enough. Any Avy pack is better than no Avy pack imo!

and where do you wear your beacon with your snow pulse vest? Also to agree with the other post on here wearing it under my vest sucks cause it's alot to get out of the way when seconds count and once I get to my beacon and start searching im not gonna spend the time to do up my pack again so that's gonna suck if theres a second slide. It would be nice if snowpulse came out and made a pocket for it on the outside, with a place to teather it.

McGrath

Supporting Vendor, Alberta Cycle
Reaction score
They are available right now at Alberta Cycle, stop in for price. Very nice looking and fit great.

BCA vest.

Last edited:

Redrock Kustoms

Reaction score
I wear my tranceiver in my top pocket of bib pants. Best spot imo

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wear my beacon on my body in the harness the manufacturer designed it to be worn in. Never been an issue under my vest.

Redrock Kustoms

Reaction score
and where do you wear your beacon with your snow pulse vest? Also to agree with the other post on here wearing it under my vest sucks cause it's alot to get out of the way when seconds count and once I get to my beacon and start searching im not gonna spend the time to do up my pack again so that's gonna suck if theres a second slide. It would be nice if snowpulse came out and made a pocket for it on the outside, with a place to teather it.

imo you want it as close to your body as possible. Batteries last longer, less chance of it ripping off or loosing it. If seconds count then two seconds to dig it out is ok with me after all it's going to take a lot more than 2 seconds to catch your breath. Also if you pack has been pulled then that is coming off your back before you start your search/dig. I know guys that wear them in their pants pockets or vest pocket, both of those are second place to a good pocket under a solid layer of vest.
(Rock the bib pants and your all good!)

I hope we haven't hijacked this post about where to by a vest to much ;)

sled safe guess & gals!!

Top Bottom