Best place to buy snow pulse vest?

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where the best/cheapest place to buy a snowpulse vest avy bag? Are there any deals on them at the sled show? I dont recall seeing them there last year?

Thanks

SNAFU

Reaction score
I bought mine at the sled show last year. Avalanche Safety Solutions, the distributor in Golden, will likey have a booth again.

XanderKane

Reaction score
Seen the vest in sale at the FXR store in edmonton not too long ago. It was ridiculously cheap. 699 I believe it was. Check with small shops first. I visited the Avalanche safety solution booth last year and nothing was cheap if that's what you're looking for. Check kijiji I've seen a few with the cylinder for roughly 700.

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Booth I'm working in will have them there as well. Usually do but of a show special.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
uploadfromtaptalk1441649015572.jpg

I will be looking for one of the new BCA vests built specifically for sledders. Even has hydration capability.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought mine at the sled show last year. Avalanche Safety Solutions, the distributor in Golden, will likey have a booth again.

Curious, how much was it at the sled show with canister?

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Backus Racing had a good deal on them last year. Avalanche Safety Solutions is top notch when it comes to customer service though.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
View attachment 188915

I will be looking for one of the new BCA vests built specifically for sledders. Even has hydration capability.

I like the addition of a crotch strap. Never understood why my Snowpulse doesn't have one. I've had some less than stellar experience with BCA customer service though. Snowpulse has always been awesome.

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
I like the addition of a crotch strap. Never understood why my Snowpulse doesn't have one. I've had some less than stellar experience with BCA customer service though. Snowpulse has always been awesome.

Every air bag should come with a crotch strap, it likely has the capability to have one, just ask the guys at the show and they should be able to help you out....without a crotch strap the pack when discharged can be pulled up over your head, chocking you with the chest strap and in a violent avy be ripped off you completely, it is why the pack can be useless unless you wear the crotch strap.

Turts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Every air bag should come with a crotch strap, it likely has the capability to have one, just ask the guys at the show and they should be able to help you out..

Nope. I asked before and was told it is engineered to not to require a crotch strap......

G-rad

Reaction score
Every air bag should come with a crotch strap, it likely has the capability to have one, just ask the guys at the show and they should be able to help you out....without a crotch strap the pack when discharged can be pulled up over your head, chocking you with the chest strap and in a violent avy be ripped off you completely, it is why the pack can be useless unless you wear the crotch strap.

and to wear a beacon is uncomfortable with the snowpulse vest..... seems like the bca vest solved all the problems of the snowpulse vest. i own the snowpulse vest and i am seriously looking at selling it and going with the new bca vest

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and to wear a beacon is uncomfortable with the snowpulse vest..... seems like the bca vest solved all the problems of the snowpulse vest. i own the snowpulse vest and i am seriously looking at selling it and going with the new bca vest

Hmmmmmm...never been a problem with mine. :confused:

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

There is no provision for a crotch strap on a Snowpulse vest. Packs yes, vest no.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure where you're putting your beacon but I have not found it uncomfortable at all with the Snowpulse vest. Considering getting a BCA vest though just to try.

G-rad

Reaction score
Not sure where you're putting your beacon but I have not found it uncomfortable at all with the Snowpulse vest. Considering getting a BCA vest though just to try.

Well I guess I gotta ask.... Where are you wearing your beacon ?

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's a designated pocket for it on the left side. If you have the armor for it, it sits in front of it and you won't feel it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom