Best Place for remote car starters in edmonton

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ended up at auto temp on south side.........just under 900 for a two way installed......

So new remote installed.....next day all electrical kaput in the new ride......a month after buying the car I regret not getting the dealer to install, all I can say is what a headache, not sure what the final bill will be at the dealer but it don't sound like it will be cheap.

Note to self.......listen to the voice in your head....... Costly mistakes are always self inflicted.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
so new remote installed.....next day all electrical kaput in the new ride......a month after buying the car i regret not getting the dealer to install, all i can say is what a headache, not sure what the final bill will be at the dealer but it don't sound like it will be cheap.

Note to self.......listen to the voice in your head....... Costly mistakes are always self inflicted.

wow........ Sorry to hear......... I know where i would have sent the vehicle ;)

is it warranty? or is Autotemp paying??

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow........ Sorry to hear......... I know where i would have sent the vehicle ;)

is it warranty? or is Autotemp paying??

Looks like I'm paying ric......... Dealer wants to proceed to void all electrical warrantee as the starter was not a plug n play or dealer install, fighting that fight, auto temp wanted me to get it towed to them so they could check it out first and said they will not reimburse any repair costs outside there shop, 25 year mechanic on staff ya da ya da..... I'm not saying it's something they did or didn't do but I did call them to let them know that the next day after the install everything went kaput........brutal way to spend days off dealing with this nightmare, the vehicle is a month old with less than 2000km on it.

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you saying there are melted wires all over the place or that you just can't start the beast? I'd be thinkin Autotemp is responsible for this one

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you saying there are melted wires all over the place or that you just can't start the beast? I'd be thinkin Autotemp is responsible for this one

No just saying that there isn't a single power source working on the vehicle, battery tested full and the main fuse looked fine all aux fuses checked out ground from the battery to chassis intact, thought maby it could be a computer reset issue, so I pulled the terminals off and tried that.....nothing.....hooked up to a charger nothing.......called a tow truck and the rest is yet to be determined, just not a great experience in all...it could have been the install or it could have been an electrical problem from the factory, but it's just too big a coincidence that it happened the next day after the install.
I hope it works out because it wasn't a cheap install or cheap starter system, and to have this happen to a new vehicle less than a month old isn't really giving me the brightest outlook on either the brand of vehicle or the remote starter installers place of business, as neither has given me the warm and fuzzy as that this will get fixed by either party. And I hope someone has had the same issue as this and could shed a brighter light on the mess that this is.
Really bad jube jube...

carking

Reaction score
Whats the best place to get a remote car starter installed in the city. Where should I stay away from.
Ultimate Sound Connection is definitely the place to go to for car starters, and any electronics for your vehicles. The other bigger well advertised typical places hire young installers that don't stick around, therefore they don't have the experience, and I wouldn't want them touching my vehicle's computer system etc. Owner of Ultimate Sound Connection has 20 + years experience and anyone else he hires also has many years experience. The best starter I got from them is the one I use with my iphone, LOVE IT! I Can start it while I am in another province, so bye-bye 3000 ft range starters that never do the range they promise, I have no limit as long as I have cell phone coverage. :p

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No just saying that there isn't a single power source working on the vehicle, battery tested full and the main fuse looked fine all aux fuses checked out ground from the battery to chassis intact, thought maby it could be a computer reset issue, so I pulled the terminals off and tried that.....nothing.....hooked up to a charger nothing.......called a tow truck and the rest is yet to be determined, just not a great experience in all...it could have been the install or it could have been an electrical problem from the factory, but it's just too big a coincidence that it happened the next day after the install.
I hope it works out because it wasn't a cheap install or cheap starter system, and to have this happen to a new vehicle less than a month old isn't really giving me the brightest outlook on either the brand of vehicle or the remote starter installers place of business, as neither has given me the warm and fuzzy as that this will get fixed by either party. And I hope someone has had the same issue as this and could shed a brighter light on the mess that this is.
Really bad jube jube...

I know this was long ago but how did it work out?

Top Bottom