Best performance parts for 800 e-tec

2012800e-tec

Reaction score
Hey guys a just bought a 800 e-tec at the skidoo show this weekend and was wonderimg were to start with mods and what were the best manufactures to put on my new sled thanx for helping me out

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when we first got the etec in 11 we found that a aftermarket y pipe made a nice gain, also added a few holes in the back of the airbox helped, remove foam, and get a can, its cheap and easy to do

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i had used the tss can because it was very light and one of the first ones out, it worked well and never caused no codes but was very loud, still have it if your in need

Nitrobkr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming its a 2012 by your name. The 2012's don't need anything other than a can and like said previous take the foam off of the inside of the panels, just to lighten it up.
If you want any gains with the etec you pretty much have to turbo.

skeeter800x

Reaction score
word has been not to put any holes into airbox on etec. I had the 2011 and gains were in the helix change and MBRP can.

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is no power gain from adding a can. The gain is weight loss and better sound. And if you buy "the thing" from revy sled shed you can get a built in muffpot for hot meals on the hill. Best gain of all! Personally I wouldn't go with the mbrp can. They are mass produced and made for low elevation riding. If you bring it to a reputable mountain sled shop they will remove the restrictions that the mbrp can has.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is no power gain from adding a can. The gain is weight loss and better sound. And if you buy "the thing" from revy sled shed you can get a built in muffpot for hot meals on the hill. Best gain of all! Personally I wouldn't go with the mbrp can. They are mass produced and made for low elevation riding. If you bring it to a reputable mountain sled shop they will remove the restrictions that the mbrp can has.

Where did you hear that Quintin? In 2007 BRP did independent testing of 5 popular aftermarket mufflers for there 800r engine and the MBRP was best of the lot when they tested it. They published that info in there 1 day service book.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would feel that that weight gain is the biggest gain, and as long as you dont loss hp any can will work

as for the holes in the back of the air box we used some cheap bug screen and some silicone and drilled two holes directly behind throttle bodys, we then added the bmp ypipe and we seen instanly that we were over reving and needed more primary weight

insane customs

Reaction score
Y pipe and clutching is the best easy mod for horsepower and can and foam for wheight loss as for the guy that said turbo is the only way to get more power thats wrong i had mine ported and head reworked made almost 15 more horse on the dyno then i put a spi pipe on but that only made 1 hp on the dyno

Nitrobkr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Y pipe and clutching is the best easy mod for horsepower and can and foam for wheight loss as for the guy that said turbo is the only way to get more power thats wrong i had mine ported and head reworked made almost 15 more horse on the dyno then i put a spi pipe on but that only made 1 hp on the dyno

Who did your port and head work 15hp gain hook me up.!

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i had used the tss can because it was very light and one of the first ones out, it worked well and never caused no codes but was very loud, still have it if your in need
I also like the TSS can and talk to them at the show and came out with a tunnel dump so not loud at all...I have two left at the best price pm me if anyone wants to go on the list for any doo.

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where did you hear that Quintin? In 2007 BRP did independent testing of 5 popular aftermarket mufflers for there 800r engine and the MBRP was best of the lot when they tested it. They published that info in there 1 day service book.

I heard that from a couple of the shops here in town that I talked to and from other people on this site. I could very well be wrong as I've only been sledding for a year and I'll never claim to know things for a fact until I've seen it tested with my own 2 eyes. That's just what I have heard.

Also like you mentioned that was in 07 for the 800r so it might be different with the etec. But like I said I'm not sure its all just what I've heard.

What I do know for a fact is that "the thing" I have on my sled sounds good doesn't throw codes and makes me hot food!

Top Bottom