Best overall sledding area in Alberta/ Possibly BC

brandonorban

Reaction score
In a year, after im done school im planing on moving to closer to the rocky mountains/foothills. Im from sask so i really have no idea where the snow is and how long it stays, just need some general info whats your favorite place to ride.

Thanks, Brandon

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In a year, after im done school im planing on moving to closer to the rocky mountains/foothills. Im from sask so i really have no idea where the snow is and how long it stays, just need some general info whats your favorite place to ride.

Thanks, Brandon

Move to Hinton, there's some decent local riding and you're a hop, skip and a jump to McBride, Valemont, Blue River, Grande Cache, Cadomin etc etc etc.

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am orginally from Sask myself and now live in Lethbridge. Lots of agriculture here and 1 hour 15 mins to the Crowsnest Pass and 2 hours to Fernie which has great riding! We do most our riding in the Fernie area as I own a place there as well.

brandonorban

Reaction score
heres a image i found, do yall think this is an accurate representation of were the ag sector is in alberta, i know in sask thats about right but according to this it goes right to the mountains.

team dirt, it s just that it seems to be a lone town, i think my plan it to take a long drive around alberta in may/june and really get an idea of the place first

Edit. Actually in sask it doesnt go neer that high probably a hour more to the south would be more accurate

Attachments

• grain0.gif
    grain0.gif
    24 KB · Views: 295

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You should look into a place like Olds. Very ag based with all the cattle and grain in the area. It has a large reputable ag college and its only 3hrs to Golden and about 5hrs to revy.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I would suggest, as you stated, a trip! Sort of an exploration journey.

Look closely at Lethbridge, Pincher Creek, Okotokos, Calgary, Cochrane, and High River. Alberta has no taxes and is generally cheaper than BC.

From the Calgary area, you are close to Golden & Revy, Radium, Crowsnest & Fernie/Elkford. Also some pretty nice riding can be had on the eastern slope on occasions. As sc800 says, Lethbridge would also be a good choice.

You may want to look at Cranbrook/Kimberley; smaller agri area but there is one. The sledding is great and both are relatively cheap to live in (as far as BC goes)

Good luck....:beer:

Top Bottom