Best of both worlds?!

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I would live in the Shuswaps.... get mild weather in the winter and you cant beat the revy area pow!

gf lived in the
Shuswaps(Kelowna), was throwing around the idea myself but the only downfall is its a little more coin. like said above, little cheaper to the north

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have lived in Kelowna since 1966 but if I had to live any where else it would probably be Salmon Arm 100km from Kelowna or 100km from Kamloops and big enough for general living.Yes Sicamous is nice but just too small for general living,ie shopping ,movies,services.Salmon arm has that and its only 20mins to Sicamous for Owl head,Mara lk.Living in Sicamous if you had to travel to the kelowna airport you always have to drive that slow windey trip down Mara lk till you hit Grinrod,in the summer it full of tourists and impossable too pass.They both have Timmys though!!!

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Straight up kamloops, i did the fly to the Mac and back thing this winter,, i live on an acreage outside of town along the river. Summers are super hot with rivers and lakes all around, shuswaps not far, vans only a few hours away as well as the US border. It has probably some of the best single track dirt biking in the world, tons of DH mountain biking, sun peaks ski resort. As for sledding we re right smack dab in the middle of the best, we go everywhere any given day, just look at the forecast for the best snow,,,, look north to blue river, valemount, mcbride, look east shuswap, sicamous then revy, look west and u have the coquihalla, whistler and squamish! Cant beat it for recreation, its world class for sure aaand the prices arent to bad either

Top Bottom