Best Kids Starter Sled (Kids are 4 and 6 years old)

rizzman

Reaction score
My 3 year old son just got a new AC 120 and his friend got a Yamaha SRX 120 at the same time. Same sled, different paint and decals. We got the two colors so we could tell them apart when they are tangled around each other lol. I couldn't find a Poo or I would have done that so his sled would match dad's Pro. Anyway, he rode it for the first time today and he rips on that thing like crazy. It was an amazing present for him and I think he'll ride it for at least another 5 years or so.
I'm amazed at how much snow the little thing can go through but for the most part he stays in my tracks. I wish every little future sledhead could have one of these things.

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Skidoo used to make a 300 Freestyle with E start ans reverse. My boy switched up to it at 7 but he was ridin a 120 from when he was 3. powered it up at 5 but then he started breakin shocks jumpin it. The freestyle 300 is an awesome machine for kids as you can take them trail ridin and they can go through an amazing amout of snow for a small sled. They r hard to find though. Good luck on ur search and happy sleddin.

Sledgirl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We picked up a Kitty Cat for $125 at a garage sale a few years before we had kids. Didn't run, but we figured gas was left in it and a carb cleaning was all it needed. It sat on a shelf in the shed until our son was 2 and a half. He asked what it was, so I told him "That's your sled. Big boys drive sleds and quads and trucks. Big boys go pee on the potty. When you go pee on the potty you can drive your sled." A week later he got up one morning and it was all a done deal. I called my husband and said he better have fuel for the sled. What a great time we had that night. Best $125 we ever spent, sold it for several times that. Bought a Polaris 120, had a million bucks worth of fun with that too.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awwww I love that!!!!
As I was looking for a youth sled for a customer of mine I sent out feelers for an Indy lite 340.. those things are amazing inbetween sleds for little guys to learn on... I have found ONE!!
I found a little Safari too, super fun for the kids to play around on for sure.

I love helping families play together. Our kids didn't want presents, what they asked for instead, was for us to take them out with the sleds. We are the super powered chair lifts for their epic toboggan adventures. The snow wasn't the greatest this Christmas, but we made do!
I'd love to see pics of some of the kids on their little machines!
I'll try to figure out how to load the vid of the kids on Christmas Eve here

waistdeep

Reaction score
My grandsons run the Polaris 120 year after year. Then they graduate up to the 250 John Deere, step by step till they can run with the Dad's :cool:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 138
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 137
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 151

Sooley

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388163361.584867.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388163377.867849.jpg

This is my six year old( 120 ) and my ten year old ( indy lite ). I also bought a old 440 indy the other day so they can keep moving up in the cc's.

Last edited:

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my boy started driving a RMK trail 550 when he was 4......he used to pull the snow coach when we went camping all by him slef.....now he just got a 670 summit and just turned 13 a few weeks ago.......I never had a "mini" sled so he went the same direction......

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nara2udy.jpg

My 2.5 year is riding the AC 120. Does really well and has ridden it by himself a couple times. Have to jog beside and help him steer now and again but he does good and LOVES his 'arctic cat'.

Yes they go through a fair bit of snow too!

Top Bottom