Best equalizer hitch for lifted truck

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm wanting to throw an equalizer hitch on my truck for a little added security. Tow rig is a '14 3500 Cummins with a 6" lift and the camper is a 28ft weighing in around 7000lbs. I usually have the quad on the deck at the same time and with this combo there's a little bit of sag. It tows it fine and is stable but still want a wd hitch. What's a good wd hitch with a good 8 or so inch drop?

Last edited:

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well if a person doesn't have any useful input they can keep their traps shut. The truck is more than capable of towing this safely

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would check out custom truck and see what they have, but you are going to have difficulty in finding a hitch with more than a 6" drop, although I do believe Reese makes a 6" drop WD hitch.

Justinvr81

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tu7e6aje.jpg
hutamenu.jpg

This is the one I have, works well, trailer is about the same size and rides perfectly level on middle set of holes. Truck is a 2010 f 350 with 6" lift and 37" tires if that helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i wouldnt trust anything that isnt rated. some of those drop hitches must have crazy forces on them. anything that is just welder engineered i would stay the hell away from.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is what I run. I have the 1000lb bars.

Whoever sells these should also be able to get you a drop with more holes-just need to swap the head over.
I had the original one which drops or raises 4" I believe and for my old trailer which was lower than my current one I had an 8" drop receiver. I just swapped the head over and good to go. Hitch warehouse or Hitch Depot should be able to hook you up.

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a blue ox hitch with the new toy hauler it was a bit of pain to set up and get right for the truck but now i love it. i believe you can get up to a 12 inch drop shank for it. the way the bars are connected to hitch head and the way the chains are connected to the trailer is awesome. No noise when turning and no toe removing snipe to sling the chains up.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm wanting to throw an equalizer hitch on my truck for a little added security. Tow rig is a '14 3500 Cummins with a 6" lift and the camper is a 28ft weighing in around 7000lbs. I usually have the quad on the deck at the same time and with this combo there's a little bit of sag. It tows it fine and is stable but still want a wd hitch. What's a good wd hitch with a good 8 or so inch drop?

I run this on my truck with 3" lift do I'm sure ya could lower it down for a 6" depending on your trailer height.
It comes with sway bar and 1400 lbs equalizer bars. For sale
yrumu9u9.jpg
getu3uba.jpg
a3e6ejap.jpg

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
does that sway bar make much of a difference?

I think so! But it depends on the trailer! My Artic Fox pulled great, but if it was really windy I'd put couple turns on the sway bar and it takes the whip out. But if a trailer is poorly set up and dog tracks not many sway bars will help.

That said if I was buying another hitch I'd put a friction bar on in a second! Cheap and easy

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How much are you looking to get for it? I don't think that shank would be enough drop for my trailer though.

PS it will totally depend on yor trailer. I pulled my trailer a short distrance with my 6" lift without lowering the shank as i knew i was going to 3". it was ok...would have bworked great with it on the lowest setting on shank. Can always buy a lower shank and sell this one!

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea my trailer sits a bit lower than others. Them 1400lb bars might be a touch much. My trailer is only 7500lbs

Sent from my iPhone using 2

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya cause when ya sell that trailer you will definitely go smaller ! Everyone always does!lol
Hope ya find the right one.

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's only a few months old so I'd say I'll be good for a while

Top Bottom