Best clutch kit for 800 e tec ?????

Dougie

Reaction score
What is the best tested and proven clutch kit for my 2012 summit 800x e tec with 163"
Let me know what you are using and how it works. There are soooo many kits out there,
but which ones work. Thanks.

• :cool:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run the Bikeman Cory Micku steep&deep kit. Works real well. A lot of people seem to like the Rooster built. Id go with one of those 2.....

Hefe04

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also run the steep and deep, compared to buddies stock clutching it is different but we both felt it performed better then stock in the heavy snow conditions. Flat land race his stock is faster. Overall I have no complaints.

RK Tek

Reaction score
Website
www.2strokeheads.com
I also run the steep and deep, compared to buddies stock clutching it is different but we both felt it performed better then stock in the heavy snow conditions. Flat land race his stock is faster. Overall I have no complaints.

Stock clutching works VERY well.. Pretty hard to beat in the deep powder

stormtrooper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$360.00. Easy to install .... IMO yes. But if you do not know how to take apart and maintain your clutches then ...no. Check out YouTube videos and make your own decision. I'm sure a shop would probably install for you for about 150-200 bucks if you do not feel up to it. The tools you need to install will run you close to $150 if you don't have them. If you can assemble a bar-b-que in less than an hour I recommend you give it a shot because at some point you should learn how to disassemble and maintain your clutches. If you have problems or questions, someone on here will lend you a helping hand. Thats the great part of the snow and mud community.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can do it blind folded Joel

sent from A UNKNOWN PLACE IN TEA LAND

Nonhighwayservice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My option is pretty one sided because I haven't tried any of the other clutch kits, but I put the rooster built in my XM and it made a huge difference, love the kit.

Sask Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some kits just do changes on the primary. Thats easy. Some also work on the secondary. Thats harder and requires more special tools. Most kits for summit really increase backshift and that requires secondary work. If your kit only works on the primary imo that is half measures.

If you go on Dootalk.com you will get 80% telling you to get the DJ clutchkit. Other 18% Roosterbuilt. 2% other. Both guys are active dootalkers. I just think DJ may be more popular cause he does lots of short track kits too, so more eastern guys have experience with him and speak up.

Both offer the same full secondary and primary treatment so they are 'complete' kits.

There will be lots of bs comments saying 'dj is from Thunder Bay, what does he know...'

Clutching is not magic, its math. And besides, DJ kits are created by him and his customers in Revelstoke while on the side of the mountain. And you always have to trade off one particular result for another. And with multiple variables you can acheive similar results with different combinations of components, each clutch kit builder has his own preffered way of acheiving results.

Youll be happy with the customer service of either, according to reviews on the forums. I am vert happy with my experience with DJ.

www.ibackshift.com or Dynamo^Joe on dootalk.com forum.

Or for Rooster Built he goes as Winter Brew on this forum and on dootalk.

Last edited:

Sask Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The thing with stock clutching is that it is not as adaptable to different conditions and elevations as the kits are.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We managed to change Helix& spring on the secondary with no special tools. I just stood on the secondary to compress the spring while my friend took out/put the bolts in. A little goony but it worked in a pinch.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You should see the farmer setup I have for the secondary. A 2x6 with a hole through the middle big enough for the shaft and cut to the length of the clutch diameter, and a pair of wood clamps (1 on each side). Works like a charm though!

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You should see the farmer setup I have for the secondary. A 2x6 with a hole through the middle big enough for the shaft and cut to the length of the clutch diameter, and a pair of wood clamps (1 on each side). Works like a charm though!
Yeah that's a good idea. my friend built a homemade compressor tool works fine. No need to go buy some 200$ tool from BRP

Top Bottom