Best Can For 09 800 Dragon.

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run The Thing on my D8 and love it. Nothing else done to it.

Have you had any problems with it melting the bottom panel?
On mine it melted plastic an rubber gromet at exit hole.

Farmer B

Reaction score
I bought " The Thing " from my dealer and it works great. Sounds good and fits nice. I think they are built in Revy.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can vouch for the MBRP getting louder. About 800 miles on mine since we put it on and I noticed lately it's hurting my ears. It's kind of annoying.

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Installed the slp y-pipe, pipe, can, combo. It sounded a little on the quiet side so I instaled a thing can on it instead. Will make the first ride after christmas with it. Will take the slp can along as well to test and make a comparison. Same sled, hill, day etc.

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
found mine run better with the thing than the slp can at elevation

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SLP is by far the way to go. drops weight and claims hp increase. single pipe is easy do over however for real sound and power go twin pipe but SLP recomends race fuel for this. Be carful, i havent had a problem but a few guys i ride with are have cracked cylinders with the single SLP pack. seems to be a rare occurrence but never the less something to think about.

cford

Reaction score
I run a Slp y-pipe , pipe , and can. Also lowered gearing put on slp high flow intake . changed primary spring and mtx weights on a 09 D8 163. Made 1 trip before christmas - worked great.

maxbed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have slp on my 08 d7 and its just a little to quiet for me i only have 5 or 6 rides on it hoping it gets louder soon or might just jump over to the thing and give it a try. my buddy has one on a 09 d8 and it sounds amazing and works great.

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have slp on my 08 d7 and its just a little to quiet for me i only have 5 or 6 rides on it hoping it gets louder soon or might just jump over to the thing and give it a try. my buddy has one on a 09 d8 and it sounds amazing and works great.
My dads SLP can got louder after about 500 miles, sounds good now.

pehmanndragon

Reaction score
Hate to say it but Summiteer is right my 09 took a dump going down the road and I babied it but there r some 09 out there that r running good I had a Slp can on it and stock pipe but it wasn't loud enough my brother had a mrbp can on his and it sounded soooo much better then mine (he has a 09 too) Also when I would jump on his I could feel that his pulled hard then mine.

Top Bottom