Best Can For 09 800 Dragon.

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any one have any ideas which one works best or any R&D info out there? MBRP,SLP,HPS or others.

clemoine

Reaction score
SLP is your best bet only beacause if you want a pipe in the future SLP is the only pipe you can get that i know of and the MBRP can & HPS won't fit with the slp can

GRD

Reaction score
Heard from the dealer that slp can and airbox are good. Slp has codes so the computer can be reflashed on your polaris.

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the SLP can bought it from the dealer....looks good, shaved some weight off, and sounds pretty good......thats my :twocents:

Rob1334

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run full SLP on my toy, but have heard of really good luck running either the stock pipe with the HPS can or SLP pipe and a HPS can, they mat right up.

The full SLP system is prob. the easiest to go with tho, but I do recommend using the SLP airhorn on it with flowrites, really helps the engine breathe cooler air.

GRD

Reaction score
Put on a SLP can... Might put the airbox on too... Although the 09 dragon looks like she can breath pretty good already....:)

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
all those cans are good. I like the sound of HPS, second would be MBRP. I don't care for SLP, too pingy... I run SLP on my cat and my brothers summit, but next sled I'm going HPS.

buckshot

Reaction score
Anyone try "the thing" on a d8? I had one on my old summit and it worked good...better fuel economy and had to add more weight to the primary.

dragontamer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i had an SLP on my 08 and its too quiet, haha, put MBRP on and its better and i noticed a little more pull. If you or anbody you know wants a SLP can i will sell it for $200, only has 2 rides on it

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i got a mbrp on my 900 rmk, 03 800 rmk, and 800 dragon and love it. sounds awsome. a mech at cycle works says mbrp only lasts 1000 miles then falls apart.....ive yet to have that prob my 03 has 2200 miles and sounds good still.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think slp is the best for the new dragons. trust rmksledder when he says the mbrp burns out and gets louder. i have heard his sled.

08DRAGON

Reaction score
I think that the slp can is best,have run the mbrp and noticed that as the can "broke in " lost back pressure in turn made cool noises but in my opinion lost power. my .02 cents

rmksledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think that the slp can is best,have run the mbrp and noticed that as the can "broke in " lost back pressure in turn made cool noises but in my opinion lost power. my .02 cents

no i agree its on my old one and no point in changing it now getting new sled in the spring. my dad has a slp on his D7 and it has a nice tone not to loud and he did notice a difference

Top Bottom