best beginner spot in valemount

Garret_Volden

Reaction score
just looking to surprise the wife with a couple nights in a cabin and some trail riding, mixed with some powder.....

last year was the first time I have ever been to the mountains and it was awesome! me and a couple buddies went to allen creek and clemina and it was amazing. but unfortunately i do not think my wife is quite inclined to have the same amount of snow.

i was just wondering if anyone knows of a cheaper cabin with quick access to trail riding that leads to some snow.

we both have 4 stroke 137 ski doos so think about our definition of "powder"

thanks

garret

etecturbo

Reaction score
Theirs clemina the trail up to the cabin and meadows around cabin should be good for your wife and theirs the westridge family loop>

go green

Reaction score
Do a small drive and go to Bell Mountain in McBride,a nice big round hill that will not intimidate the beginner. On the other hand Clemina is a drive on the bottom kind of place also .

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What about the trail at Westridge? Would that have too much snow?

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's what I would suggest even has a cabin half way and good snow on the banks to mess around on. Only issue is there is no alpine access.

If its a good snow day, I think it would be challenging enough for beginners on 137's??

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bell mountain is easy to ....One could take there time going up resnhaw also and just play around the cabin.

Garret_Volden

Reaction score
Me and a few buddies went to Clemina last year and went into I believe it was called avalanche alley or somethig like that. There was a few really nice bowls but just had a fresh dump the night before so there was a lot of snow for my 137 four stroke. I guess we will go up around there again and hopefully she will like it. Thanks for all te input guys !

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
x2 Clemina probably best bet. Nice ride to cabin or even to top, your sleds would make it. I have been on the westridge trail where it had so much snow that my wifes 800 renegade was having problems. You never know.

Roy Maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Me and a few buddies went to Clemina last year and went into I believe it was called avalanche alley or somethig like that. There was a few really nice bowls but just had a fresh dump the night before so there was a lot of snow for my 137 four stroke. I guess we will go up around there again and hopefully she will like it. Thanks for all te input guys !

Best to keep out of Avalanche Alley if that is where you actually were.

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
clamina was my first mountain trip and i didnt find it intimadating at all the places we went anyways......did the westridge loop the same trip and almoast went where us begginers shouldnt have.....

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Just remember. Peeps have died there in the past. Most is fairly safe but you need to understand Avalanche risks and warning signs.
No matter where you ride in the mountains there is risk Shovel, probe and beacon are needed and Know how to use it.
Just my 2cents.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think Allan creek is far more beginner orientated. Just one steep switchback on the trail Is the only issue however its not usually a problem I've had a 250 bravo up that switchback. Once you are in the alpine there are many small hills an lakes to practice on

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I think Allan creek is far more beginner orientated. Just one steep switchback on the trail Is the only issue however its not usually a problem I've had a 250 bravo up that switchback. Once you are in the alpine there are many small hills an lakes to practice on

Coming down that switchback.....well that's another story, eh plio?

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
Just me apparently......no wait puba loster on that one too. Never serious just dumb rookie mistakes.

I was told if I'm not rolling or hitting trees I'm not learning.... Well my friend I'm learnin like a mofo

Top Bottom