Best Avi Bag?

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Inflated ABS and BCA put you face down in the snow. Snowpulse's design keeps your head above the snow and provides protection around the head and neck area. Buy whatever you like, but snowpulse has the best design hands down.

Actually depends which bag you buy. The new vest style, and the interchangeable size packs are their new RAS system, which is one bag behind your head same as ABS/BCA. Their Prorider/Guide/Himark series are the wrap around your head bag, but you can't change pack size.

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
Inflated ABS and BCA put you face down in the snow. Snowpulse's design keeps your head above the snow and provides protection around the head and neck area. Buy whatever you like, but snowpulse has the best design hands down.

Sorry I have been involved with a lot of the testing with Airbags. You might believe the hype that an air bag that come out of the top back of your pack will allow you to smoothy ride down an avalanche or that one that surrounds your head will allow you to float down with your head up or that air bags that come out of the side will put you facedown in the snow, however the truth is all an air bag does is make you a bigger nut or have more volume so you stay on the top rather than knifing down, in any slide over a 1.5 you will be tossed around like you are in the worse washing machine ride of your life, how you end up on the surface is the luck of your ride, not your air bag, the important thing is that you are on the top, not the bottom, and I challenge you to inflate your snowpulse pack and ride around or out run an avy or out ski and avy, you will be surprised how little you can see, not so with the ABS, inflate it and you can ski, snowboard or sled with unrestricted visibility! In fact you will have trouble realizing it is inflated.

The wireless system that ABS has now is amazing I use it all the time for skiing. And I am not testing the sled version that will have a wireless button on your sled. Keep you all posted on it.

I can have any avy pack I want, in fact I have every pack and vest out there, but I work with the one that I know is the safest as that is what a avy pack is for safety. ABS is the best not for ridiculous claims many companies make but from tried and true safety innovations that they have been working on for 25 years! I know of at least 20 people who have been in avy's or bought and oxygen canister air bag and have pulled it only to have it not go off, due to empty canisters that leaked without them knowing, sledders especially have 20 things to think about and get ready bofore they leave the truck, I hate that they have to look at their canister every time they ride as many people don't do it and won't do it! I have blown off well over 600 abs units and never had one canister not work properly.

Here is the wireless system that can be added to any abs system and the next one will be having a wireless activation button on your sled so if you feel something go you can hit the button. If you think your going to pin it out of an avy while pulling your bag and that is why you want a right side trigger, then try riding down a whooped out trail at 80km per hour then take your left hand of the handle bar and pull your bag. ABS bags can be made left or right triggers but come as left pull as most people are right handed, the nice thing about abs as well is the pneumatic can be pulled with my left hand on the left side.. The important thing to remember is if you feel the slightest snow shift, don't wait, pull your bag, then out ski, snowboard or sled the avy and before hitting any slope know your points of exit and safety points of exit if something goes wrong pull it then try to out run, which again is why you don't want an air bag fully covering the top and sides of your vision.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
protection around head and neck.... this is merely a gimmick IMO!.

typically a avalanche on 50 -60 degree slopes traels on avg at 75-100mph. Do you truely belive a tree or rock moving at that speed with its momentum is going to stop trauma?? I am thinking the bag no matter what brand will pop!.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry I have been involved with a lot of the testing with Airbags. You might believe the hype that an air bag that come out of the top back of your pack will allow you to smoothy ride down an avalanche or that one that surrounds your head will allow you to float down with your head up or that air bags that come out of the side will put you facedown in the snow, however the truth is all an air bag does is make you a bigger nut or have more volume so you stay on the top rather than knifing down, in any slide over a 1.5 you will be tossed around like you are in the worse washing machine ride of your life, how you end up on the surface is the luck of your ride, not your air bag, the important thing is that you are on the top, not the bottom, and I challenge you to inflate your snowpulse pack and ride around or out run an avy or out ski and avy, you will be surprised how little you can see, not so with the ABS, inflate it and you can ski, snowboard or sled with unrestricted visibility! In fact you will have trouble realizing it is inflated.

The wireless system that ABS has now is amazing I use it all the time for skiing. And I am not testing the sled version that will have a wireless button on your sled. Keep you all posted on it.

I can have any avy pack I want, in fact I have every pack and vest out there, but I work with the one that I know is the safest as that is what a avy pack is for safety. ABS is the best not for ridiculous claims many companies make but from tried and true safety innovations that they have been working on for 25 years! I know of at least 20 people who have been in avy's or bought and oxygen canister air bag and have pulled it only to have it not go off, due to empty canisters that leaked without them knowing, sledders especially have 20 things to think about and get ready bofore they leave the truck, I hate that they have to look at their canister every time they ride as many people don't do it and won't do it! I have blown off well over 600 abs units and never had one canister not work properly.

Here is the wireless system that can be added to any abs system and the next one will be having a wireless activation button on your sled so if you feel something go you can hit the button. If you think your going to pin it out of an avy while pulling your bag and that is why you want a right side trigger, then try riding down a whooped out trail at 80km per hour then take your left hand of the handle bar and pull your bag. ABS bags can be made left or right triggers but come as left pull as most people are right handed, the nice thing about abs as well is the pneumatic can be pulled with my left hand on the left side.. The important thing to remember is if you feel the slightest snow shift, don't wait, pull your bag, then out ski, snowboard or sled the avy and before hitting any slope know your points of exit and safety points of exit if something goes wrong pull it then try to out run, which again is why you don't want an air bag fully covering the top and sides of your vision.

www.NoronaLife.com - ABS Air-Bag Wireless Technology - YouTube

Awsome Sales pitch....lol Im getting an ABS for next year:beer:

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

doubt that if you were ever in an avalanche that the snowpulse bag would keep your head up any better as snow would be packed solid around your head and packed solid in your helemt

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run the snowpulse guide 30L, its a skier pack but i like that the shovel and probe are concealed so it does not hold snow like the 22L highmark where the shovel pocked packs with snow. They look to be the same weight 2600g without cartridge.

Lots of my friends run the vest. Its nice and small, and provides body armour and its 1500g without cartridge.

Top Bottom