Best and funest sled you have owned!

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Currently - best sled if owned - 2015 174 - few mods - clutching / can - but pretty much stock ! Have modded few - 04 rev ,08 XP and and XM 13 ! But years back I gave alot of umph to a 1998 yamaha 600 vmax - wasnt the ultimate sled but worked very well !

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My brothers and I had an ET 250 growing up...we rode the living shat out of that thing everyday after school. We had to buy the parts we wrecked but we rode it hard and loved it. Dad had a Hatley Davidson sled and one day I will have one either restored or I will do it. Awesome sled he used to do a little racing with and it is my goal to own one.

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My brothers and I had an ET 250 growing up...we rode the living shat out of that thing everyday after school. We had to buy the parts we wrecked but we rode it hard and loved it. Dad had a Hatley Davidson sled and one day I will have one either restored or I will do it. Awesome sled he used to do a little racing with and it is my goal to own one.

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

We had a ET 340. Fun sled and went good and took a beating

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1977 ET340, $500 in 1991 future wife and I used to double on it friend had one too rode them in the fields, rivers, Weiner roasts and tobogganing still have fond memories of what I could afford then and remind myself that a $20k sled doesn't necessarily mean more fun, fun is what you make of it.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
As a kid, the old snocruiser was indestructible. Always loved ripping on the old family iron as a kid: olympiques, elans, tnt free air, tnt silver bullet, and especially the elite(dual track, side by side).... Also loved my old mountain max. Best and most reliable was the 1000rt, most fun the t3 174"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

puddle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
98 Yamaha SRL 700 triple. My first sled as an adult getting into the sport. Couldn't beat the early frozen lake (no heaves), few inches of snow and open it up. Your eyes would water and you couldn't see the speedo, but holy sh*t that machine would fly. Loved the sound

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1974 Olimpic
As kids we used to go though like 150gallons of gas a winter.

That was a lot in74.

BAC'S

Reaction score
a 1987 kitty kat. was my Christmas gift when I was 3 and abused it until I was 20 gave it to my cousins for awhile they abused it and then gave it back. I ended up giving it to an old co-worker last year for his little girl, he did a little work to make it look and run better and now she rides it nonstop.

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a 1987 kitty kat. was my Christmas gift when I was 3 and abused it until I was 20 gave it to my cousins for awhile they abused it and then gave it back. I ended up giving it to an old co-worker last year for his little girl, he did a little work to make it look and run better and now she rides it nonstop.
You rode a kitty cat till you were 20? That is crazy!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
96 AC Thundercat. Hooper 1050 big bore with pipes. The rumble in your chest when you pin it was..........horny.

I had a 98 and a 99 T-Cat. The 98 i sold to a buddy after getting it dailed, then i bought the 99. They were a hell of a ride, both i had pushing the 200hp mark, you had to weld the cranks to push them that far, once done you were golden. It was able to run with the 700 turbo Cats back then.
BTW, i have to say it was also one of the heaviest sled or at least heaviest handling sled i have ever rode, very flat footed. Makes the Nytro feel like an extreme athlete in comparison. You tinker boys have no clue what a heavy sled is.

Last edited:

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lund I had a Vmax4, so I know what heavy is all about. And the a belt eater to boot! Went through 12 belts that first winter. But man that thing could climb.I Would pack 5 gallons of gas and my dad would pack up 5 gallons for me to burn up when the snow was deep.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes those Vmax4 were heavy for sure. Had a buddy that had one, for a 2stroke they were smooooth. It was a sled i got to try but never spent a lot of time on. They were fast for a 750/800. Available in both depending on year. In the mid 90 i was riding either my Wild Cat 700, earlier 90's or my Powder Extreme 600 triple, later 90's. Sold the Extreme for the Tcat.

Mountainman52

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine would have to be when I was like ten my dad bought a Yamaha ET 340 the thing would not quit running both my kids rode it also when they were young and I sold it for $800.00 and we only paid $ 1600.00 new in 1980 LoL.Good times, everyday after school I would ride that sled till I was cold and old man had a barrel gas in garage for us. (the good old days of sledding.
Cheers !

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lund I had a Vmax4, so I know what heavy is all about. And the a belt eater to boot! Went through 12 belts that first winter. But man that thing could climb.I Would pack 5 gallons of gas and my dad would pack up 5 gallons for me to burn up when the snow was deep.

Reminds me of the Mach one or as I remember it as the Mach ton. Eat belts by the bucket.

Top Bottom