best all terrian tire

islander408

Reaction score
PEI and i don't ride in more mud than halfway up the clutch since it not mine and the only place you see rocks on the beaches or someone took some and put them there for a reason

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
PEI and i don't ride in more mud than halfway up the clutch since it not mine and the only place you see rocks on the beaches or someone took some and put them there for a reason

fair enough, not familiar with PEI. so what atv are you riding?

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just for everybodys info.... a set of bighorn 25 inch.. fronts are 8's and rears are 10's total weight is 94.8 lbs

a set of bighorn 2's in the same size are 82.2 lbs total

12.6 lbs difference......

NOW Zilla's in a 27" tire... fronts being 9" and rears being 11" are 91.6 lbs
thats lighter than the big 1.0's and a bit heavier than the 2's

just for your info too.. 1 pound of tire weight is = to 7 pounds of dead weight.. thats why if you don't want to loose any get up and go you have to try to stay a lighter tire...
now you can go heavier, thats no problem but to get the performance back that you loose you have to clutch it back...
but for what you lose, it isnt that bad, you still get from A to B and most don't care is there machine is not as pepi as when it had the stock tires on....

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just for everybodys info.... a set of bighorn 25 inch.. fronts are 8's and rears are 10's total weight is 94.8 lbs

just for your info too.. 1 pound of tire weight is = to 7 pounds of dead weight.. thats why if you don't want to loose any get up and go you have to try to stay a lighter tire...
now you can go heavier, thats no problem but to get the performance back that you loose you have to clutch it back...
but for what you lose, it isnt that bad, you still get from A to B and most don't care is there machine is not as pepi as when it had the stock tires on....

i compensate for the tire weight in the zillas by only putting in 4lbs of air, tires are way to heavy with 8lbs presure or more.

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im not sure who knows but there is a good tire weight chart at www.mudinmyblood.net it lists most tires.. some of the knew ones are not in there but most are..
on the left side of the main page in the reference libary...

Last edited:

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting...

i was looking at the chart the last few weeks while selecting tires.....

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
shheeet nev you ever lifted a truck tire with 80lbs of air and then one with 30lbs, shheet there both a pain in the azz. hehe

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

well, that seals it for me. if I put zillas on my cow I might be able to hang with buddy's XP in a drag. him running 27" zillas and me with the 28" racelines he can pull me by about 3 lengths before I start gaining on him over the distance of about an eighth mile. I'm sure I can catch him on the big end if he would only keep racing after he sees me coming in the mirror. fawker

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Zilla's. one thing though, if you only want to run a 27" buy a 28" as they are an inch shorter when on the rim than off for some reason. My 27" ones were only 26" tall and my buddies 26" ones are only 24.9" tall.

Top Bottom