best all terrian tire

thekrust

Reaction score
Deestone Swamp Witch. They are a very deep lug tire 1 1/8" and a hard compound so they wear long on hard surface riding. I have sold a couple of sets and my customers were overall very satisfied. They thing they commented on most was the performance in snow. Said it was unbelievable. Haven't tried them myself yet but will be putting a set on my Rhino this spring.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These are pricey but awesome in everything. I run the 28-9.5-12 and 28-12-12 combo and they aren't much heavier than zillas. Tough tire!!Outlaw mst
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357782577.108792.jpg

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am looking at these.mud mayhems
ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1357783003.822149.jpg

..Stiffler..

Reaction score
X2 on Zillas (not mudzillas). 28" zillas are lighter than most other 26". Plus they are awesome in all terrain. And they are not very expensive.

I run Zillas and have on all my quads. I always seem to go to them.

Stiff

2012 Camo Commander 1000 XT

-28" Zillas on 14" Diesels
-///AIRDAM Primary
-HMF Swamp Series XL
-Pro Armor Doors
-X Fox Shocks
-HD Tie Rods
-Half Windshield
-Sport Roof / Rear Screen
-SSV OH Stereo
-PPSM Snorkels
-HD Bumper
-Rock Sliders
-Billet Shifter
-Bash Plate
-Muzzy Black Box

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes the Zilla's are very hard to beat... they are the lightest tire out there for a more mud purpose tire than an all terrian, but still good on all terrian.
Arff check the weight on those cause tread design is super close to a zilla so weight would be nice to know... lighter the better although clutching will bring back any power
lost due to weight....

now all that said, i have been running the Maxxis bighorn 1.0's or originals.. not the 2.0's.. they are lighter but the lugs on the 1.0's are bigger....
this is a honestly real all terrian tire... i have had then on my 07 rene for 6000k and now on my 10 rene for 7100k and honestly... if i dont go look for the deepest hole to get stuck in
they have taken thru anything and everything....

even in the winter ( and i am not studded but i have put many more grooves in my lugs ) and i have never been stopped in the winter even on hills.. unless its over my wheels which is 25 inches...
its called momentum! ..lol anyways..

they are super tough, i know.. running rocky areas at speeds over 70-80k many times and only had one flat in 14000k....
plus there the tire of choice for Mike Penland and many more atv and utv racers...

i am sold on the bigs and will probably never switch.. they impress me...
if i did run another tire it would probably be the zilla...but i cant see me switching... just not yet! lol
.. im just to young still to do the mud thing! .. lmao (j/k had to throw that in! lol )

Last edited:

hedge

Reaction score
I currently have Zillas. They've been good tires but I had issues with getting mud between the beads. Fixed it by going to beadlocks.

I think I want to try something else next time, probably going to go with MTC Moto's

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really noticed the difference between the bighorn 1.0 and 2.0 when I changed tires on my commander, the 2.0 off the wheel without air in it is floppy like a well worn moccasin. the 1.0 measured a true 26" and is way heavier/stiffer, the 26" 2.0 was only 25" but very light with a lot smaller lugs like kwik mentioned. I am currently running raceline wheels and their SSV tire, it seems like a good all around tire. going to put zillas on the stock wheels for mud trips.

Snorked N' Torked 1000

Reaction score
Zillas are the best IMO i have had them on my machine(Outlander 1000 xt) since day 1 and with 2000+ kms i still have tons of tread left and i drive all terrains. My step dad and good family friend have the same tires (28's) and i have 30's. Great tire for mud, snow, gravel, finding no issues on rock or really rough terrain at all and we have never had a puncture in any tires. A++ for Maxxis Zilla :cool:

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Zillas are the best IMO i have had them on my machine(Outlander 1000 xt) since day 1 and with 2000+ kms i still have tons of tread left and i drive all terrains. My step dad and good family friend have the same tires (28's) and i have 30's. Great tire for mud, snow, gravel, finding no issues on rock or really rough terrain at all and we have never had a puncture in any tires. A++ for Maxxis Zilla :cool:

I was at rapid revolution and talked to Kevin. I was told and shown zilla's from a 900 xp the did not last. From spinning and the machine weight. He suggested a tire with a harder compound.

I had zilla's on my quad 30 inch with no issues.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Be like Larry........He runs 4 different tires on the KING. No matter the terrain oneor two are right for the job......
Not to mention do you ever see him stuck..............???

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was at rapid revolution and talked to Kevin. I was told and shown zilla's from a 900 xp the did not last. From spinning and the machine weight. He suggested a tire with a harder compound.

I had zilla's on my quad 30 inch with no issues.

Ya but u put what 50 km on it after the 30's ???

Then u girled up and got a sxs.

from my HTC

Top Bottom