best all terrian tire

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was at rapid revolution and talked to Kevin. I was told and shown zilla's from a 900 xp the did not last. From spinning and the machine weight. He suggested a tire with a harder compound.

I had zilla's on my quad 30 inch with no issues.

Agreed. I had zillas on my teryx and my xp900. Side walls are soft and easy to puncture. Also the beads pop off lots. I have zillas on my outy 1000 and zero issues.

..Stiffler..

Reaction score
I have used bighorns on a few machines. They are decent tires but TERRIBLE in snow compared to Zillas (that's compared to Zillas not any other tire). Mud they suck in. Rocks I find are about the only thing they are ok in.

They are radial that's about the only thing going for them. They are smooth.

Zillas are smooth but you will feel a bit of vibration but not bad.

Every time I had bighorns I went to Zillas. If you are looking at tires like bighorns get itp terracross tires. Basically the same as bighorns but better traction on most terrains except snow about the same as horns.

Stiff

This is my opinion of course.

2012 Camo Commander 1000 XT

-28" Zillas on 14" Diesels
-///AIRDAM Primary
-HMF Swamp Series XL
-Pro Armor Doors
-X Fox Shocks
-HD Tie Rods
-Half Windshield
-Sport Roof / Rear Screen
-SSV OH Stereo
-PPSM Snorkels
-HD Bumper
-Rock Sliders
-Billet Shifter
-Bash Plate
-Muzzy Black Box

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats the one thing i agree to with zilla's ..even thou they are the lighest tire, they are prone to punture.. our group in calgary here ..lots have zilla'a and many have had flats.. we have some rocky terrian here and if you ride fast you will have puntures.. just a matter of time.. i know we are not racing here but if you look at the pro's and what they run for all terrian you can see they need a tough tire that has good traction and works well in all area's.. flats dont make you go anywhere and weak sidewalls give you to much body roll.. if a person watches lots of these race vids, you can see that they put there tires thru more abuse then we could ever do... the most popular tire being the bighorn has been tested by the best and seems to always stand on the poudium many times..

personally i have never had anyone with any other tire go places i cant with my horns... and if i want to go that deep in mud holes i would build me a mud specific machine but i have made it thru some holes with my horns that other so called mud tires got stuck in and visa versa too.. the thing i like is horns are strong, have very little roll in handling and cornering and still can handle the mud not bad.. what else do you want? even at the battenfleder rodeo we run 2 1/2 ft deep to 3 ft deep mud holes.. two pits totalling about an 1/8 mile of mud pit..for the years i have been running the rodeo i have used horns.. and many times i have exited the pits in 1 st and 2nd place against these bigger mud tires.. thats got to tell you something... i run the 25" 1/0's.

Last edited:

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ill think about them since there not radial but they will save me lot of $$

I have interco reptiles... seems to be a great all around tire... runs well at top speed and great in the mud... also radial rated... not sure about weight???

images

Last edited:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the raceline tires I put on are super stiff, my bud has them on his RZR XP and one of the fronts had issues from the manufacturing mould that caused it to lose air. it never even looked flat, the outer bead was off but the inner was holding on, he drove it 10 miles or so back to camp like that. pretty impressive, it sure didn't look like the pic arff posted of the flat bighorn.

rzrflat.jpg

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Be like Larry........He runs 4 different tires on the KING. No matter the terrain oneor two are right for the job......
Not to mention do you ever see him stuck..............???

thats a fact jack!! run the rears backwards for traction in reverse also.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What tire would do good on pavement, dirt road, gravel, mud, hard pack, trail and snow but mostly snow am willing to go up a 28" tire

so u from wellinton in prince edward county, not alot of mud, more rock than anything as far as i can remember. looks like your a young lad, you priced out new tires yet? new tires are going to cost ya $600 plus or minus.

guys on here are giving you suggestions have disposable income. and ride alot of mud and mountain terrain. wellington is flat land, with the occasional hole.

i may be mistaken though.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
MST`s never really took off,but those who have them ,like them......Highlifter make good tires...
I will just stand by my old tried and true line...Anything but ITP...lol

Top Bottom