Best all around ATV tire?

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
never owned the swamplites, seen a few with, they look like good side traction, so ya don't slip into the side slope holes and traction for rocky areas.

I like the swamplites, been stuck a few times....but for the most part they seem to always pull me through! Oh when the quad isn't broke that is....FFS!!

fox68sd

Reaction score
I hav the reptile 27s and they suck in the snow .they slip n slide ,I'm goin with the swamplites hav 3 buddies that run them and work well .just to let u know 27s are inch n a quarter and 28s are inch n nine sixteens swamplites

yama_dude

Reaction score
I keep hearing good things about the Pitbull Growler Ubers. I have not had a chance to get a set yet but once my XTR's go bald I will be on the hunt for Growler Ubers.

tipper

Reaction score
i need new wheels and bear claws for the old sportsman. Where is the best place to purchase?

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm super happy with my 28" Zillas. I prefer them way more to my XTR's. While the XTR's seemed to be bullet proof, the Zillas are holding up just as well, clean way better in the sticky mud, and seem to perform much better on ice. I'd love to try OL2's but I fear that my Grizz might start snapping axles and may lack the power to turn a tire that heavy.

mighty1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My vote Bighorns had a set of mud bugs, good in the mud but tended to slip and slide side to side to much for my likings on the harder pack, and rocky terrain.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In the past I have run Mudbugs and Zilla's. The bugs I find are great for the lower cc machines. Like 500 and under. Offer good all around traction and flotation in the mud, wear really well and are highly puncture resistant I have found. Not as aggressive so they work better on the lighter machines IMO.

Zilla's for the bigger machines. Work excellent. Wear well I thought. Just need to go an inch taller than you would normally when ordering though because for some reason an inflated and mounted 27" Zilla is only about 26" tall. Buddy had 26" XTR'S on his machine and I had 27" Zilla's and they were the same height. Same with another buddy with his 26" bugs. Same rim size and width on all three machines.

I find the bighorn radial to be a great choice for a sxs. Seem to hold up and work very well.

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

rsaruk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i need new wheels and bear claws for the old sportsman. Where is the best place to purchase?

Call rapid revolutions. They always have good prices and good service.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just a question has anyone tries the silver back X lights?

Was just looking at those on-line. It looks like they have a very similar tread pattern to the Zilla's (just spaced a little wider apart) but are still considerably heavier than Zillas. I found the tire weights for 28's and the difference is still pretty significant even though Silverback XL's are an inch narrower.
28x11x14 Zillas = 26.7 lb
28x10x14 SBXL = 30.6 lb

imjake07

Reaction score
I can say that Bighorn's are of the best if not the best all around tires. They do provide good grip on different kinds of trails. And I got a good deal on this tire at 4WO|ATV Truck Accessories.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can say that Bighorn's are of the best if not the best all around tires. They do provide good grip on different kinds of trails. And I got a good deal on this tire at 4WO|ATV Truck Accessories.

I guess you don't ride in the mud, The tread pattern does not readily clean out in mud, they are a good all round hard pack, rocky terrain with some mud thrown in tire. Muddy conditions requires a more wet muddy orientation, Ziila, silverback light, etc will do better, but not as well in sandy, rocky conditions.

I am of the opinion that there is not a best tire out there, for every condition, thus you need to lean more to a mud tire or rocky trail tire

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess you don't ride in the mud, The tread pattern does not readily clean out in mud, they are a good all round hard pack, rocky terrain with some mud thrown in tire. Muddy conditions requires a more wet muddy orientation, Ziila, silverback light, etc will do better, but not as well in sandy, rocky conditions.

I am of the opinion that there is not a best tire out there, for every condition, thus you need to lean more to a mud tire or rocky trail tire

You missed the free plug he was trying to advertise

Whitey Jr

Reaction score
Shoot. Should have read this thread earlier. I just bought a set of Reptiles. What specifically seems to be the problem with them?

Whitey Jr

Whitey Jr

Reaction score
If only someone had suggested getting silverbacks yesterday.......:p

Ya ya, I asked about the Silverbacks, but the shop guy was really pushing the Reptiles for trail/mountain riding. If the reps don't work out this season, I'll start shopping again next year. Now I just have to get out there to test them out!

Whitey Jr

Top Bottom