Best all around ATV tire?

jockdoc

Reaction score
Hey guys. I ride a 650 Brute Force and I ride mainly in the mountains. Not specifically mud, just about everything including rocks, trails, etc. I'm just wondering what most guys recommend for all around thrashing?
Thanks

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here we go again lol
Outlaw mst wear like iron. Excellent in the mud and ride really nice. I love mine

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345777625.692889.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345777625.692889.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 529
Last edited:

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really like my Zillas, they are flexible enough to crawl over logs, rocks etc. Ride real nice, they are super light and work pretty good in the mud. However in really sticky muskeg they gum up easy and turn into slicks, but overall one of the best tires I have ran.

..Stiffler..

Reaction score
Zillas fan here.

Everything like above. Bu the main thing is they are so lite. You can pin and grin and not break anything. Well unless you hav a mud-pro. Lol

Go Zillas.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Zilla's I thing are fantastic. For pure rock riding a lot of people run big horns.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No the mst is not a radial. They are only 5 lbs heavier than a zilla

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I ride a 650 Brute Force and I ride mainly in the mountains. Not specifically mud, just about everything including rocks, trails, etc. I'm just wondering what most guys recommend for all around thrashing?
Thanks
I really like my swamplites, sounds like we ride similar type terrains.

hdkawi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my vote is for zilla's they are great in the mud
and lite to not rob hp , and good in the winter most outher tires just spin on the ice

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
got a few buds with new machines that came with the bighorns and have heard nothing but positive for an allround tire

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never ran anything but stock until I got my mud pro 270 kms ago and now got Zilla's. So far an awesome tire. Will run them again.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I got Bighorns on mine, really like them, great all around tire, have not used them in snow yet, but plan to do the Lac St Anne winter rally this year.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it is sort of an oxymoron, an all round tire is usually ok in most riding situations but not great at them all.

big horns are great in gravely rocky terrain, but load up in the mud and become slicks.

zillas are great in mud terrain, as they clean out, are lite, and a softer rubber, as in wear fast in rocky gravelly terrain.( i have had good luck with tires.)

mud bugs, as the name says great in mud, heavier than zillas, not so good in rocky terrain

mudlights again mud tire, light tire, not so good in rocky terrain, can develop pin holes in bead and tread due to flexability, u need tire pressure

mudlight xtr's mud tire, radial not bad in rocks, heavy tire, ( i have had good luck with tires. )

bearclaws, good alround tire, lasts , not the biggiest lug thus not great mud tire, lots of traction grips thus good for rocky terrain, an all around tire in my opinion. (have had real good luck with them.

swamplites never owned, seem to get through the mud, looks like good allround traction.

swamplite reptiles, radial tire, sumit x54 says nfg ( an explination would be helpful )

mud tires, good in mud, gravel roads rocky conditions stay home. way hard, big lugs equals big breakage and big money, when your stuck you'll need a chopper. poor ride unless your in soft terrain.

lets see your opinion, and please explain why.

Last edited:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
it is sort of an oxymoron, an all round tire is usually ok in most riding situations but not great at them all.

big horns are great in gravely rocky terrain, but load up in the mud and become slicks.

zillas are great in mud terrain, as they clean out, are lite, and a softer rubber, as in wear fast in rocky gravelly terrain.( i have had good luck with tires.)

mud bugs, as the name says great in mud, heavier than zillas, not so good in rocky terrain

mudlights again mud tire, light tire, not so good in rocky terrain, can develop pin holes in bead and tread due to flexability, u need tire pressure

mudlight xtr's mud tire, radial not bad in rocks, heavy tire, ( i have had good luck with tires. )

bearclaws, good alround tire, lasts , not the biggiest lug thus not great mud tire, lots of traction grips thus good for rocky terrain, an all around tire in my opinion. (have had real good luck with them.

mud tires, good in mud, gravel roads rocky conditions stay home. way hard, big lugs equals big breakage and big money, when your stuck you'll need a chopper. poor ride unless your in soft terrain.

you are definitely correct on the bighorns in mud, but I don't do a tonne of Mud riding, so they work good for me..... thanks for the list Larry!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you are definitely correct on the bighorns in mud, but I don't do a tonne of Mud riding, so they work good for me..... thanks for the list Larry!

thanks tyler, not slaggin the bighorns at all they are a great tire made for a certain type of terrain. followed arff around one summer, he had bighorns and just what i observed. pulled that guy so much i went through 2 winches, hehe just kidding, they did get through the mud, just more slipping around is what i saw.

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran mudbugs on my rhino for two years and because I felt like I needed a mud tire. Turns out I was overlooking the fact that 95% of my riding was not in the mud. I'm very impressed with the bighorns on my rzr now. Much better on the hard packed and rocky stuff, way smoother ride, and for the one or two mudholes I go through on an average ride, they work much better than I thought they would. My vote is for 'horns.

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran mudbugs on my rhino for two years and because I felt like I needed a mud tire. Turns out I was overlooking the fact that 95% of my riding was not in the mud. I'm very impressed with the bighorns on my rzr now. Much better on the hard packed and rocky stuff, way smoother ride, and for the one or two mudholes I go through on an average ride, they work much better than I thought they would. My vote is for 'horns.

exactly what I have been hearing

BIGHORN1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have ran the mud bugs, mud lite xtr's, zilla's and the swamp lites. i would say the best all around tire and bang for your buck is the swamp lites hands down. they are good on the trail, very flexable rubber so you dont see a lot of lug tearing and they are not even comparable to the others i have ran in the soft muskeg, they just seem to chew through the skeg way better than the other 3 i mentioned.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
never owned the swamplites, seen a few with, they look like good side traction, so ya don't slip into the side slope holes and traction for rocky areas.

Top Bottom