Bent tunnel 15 xm fix????

snowmobilekid

Reaction score
I rode east ground hog last week and was playing in the trees, anyways came over what I though was a jump and there was a stump. At that moment I had the choice to try and jump er or pile my front end into it, (I was going pretty fast) Anyways jumped it tail end of the track caught on my 15 163 T3 and skies caught in the snow slamming the end of the light part of the tunnel on the ground. As you can see in the pictures it has folded both sides in bending the tunnel like a banana. Any ideas out there on how to fix it? I was thinkin rubber mallet and maybe a new bumper to rivet to? Nothing else is damaged like the intercooler or anything just the tunnel is bent. I rode the rest of the day no rubbing or any other problems....

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't see pics.. but laserman in red deer can cut u custom brackets that will allow you to straighten everything up

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy got a big bumper made with side plates to gusset it

Bent it back as straight as he could, riveted it on

Never had a issue with it

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also used these for mounting stuff, to brace the tunnel
e902a80a228eb7337790f2d69b55c9cc.jpg

It's all cross bar braced

giddyup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i dont see the pic but i had 163 with a kink in the tunnel on both sides, i was able to put a mallet behind the work the tunnel straight, be careful the alu will strech as you work it, i then did a wrap on the tunnel and put on an bumper from Itek that came right to the back of the seat, so it was strenghening the week spot, work great, no one could tell. good luck

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bent my 09 xp tunnel also. I ordered this from Van Amburg without the normal 'windows' that are cut into the side plate. One of the windows lined up exactly where the tunnel had a crease so the solid side plates were the ticket. I also put on a Canada Sled Parts rack to add strength... Whitecourt-20120313-00266.jpg IMG-20120414-00305.jpg

Last edited:

Limbo

Reaction score
That's a gooder, may want to reduce what you carry on the tunnel.....there is a reason they don't put factory holes in the tunnel for the third set of link brackets

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's a gooder, may want to reduce what you carry on the tunnel.....there is a reason they don't put factory holes in the tunnel for the third set of link brackets

third set has nothn to do with this.

I think best bet is to give it sum love and getter strait then slap on sum long side braces and go.

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This may be you're solution. Riveted blades from CFR once you pound them out and a little powder coating.

Team Pigeon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
VanAmburg enterprises in Washington has got a sweet setup. Rear bumper, stiffeners all the way to where ya stand, built in drop brackets, new foot boards. Unfortunately you add 40% exchange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snowmobilekid

Reaction score

Third set is just for the slim tunnel bag it isn't to much weight but yah probably wouldn't help

Top Bottom