belts not cheap

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry can't help on the belt, but do you have a brother that's a priest? Goes by the name of Holy Falk?:D

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kawi's are not hard on belts unless something is wrong even with 27" tires and no clutch kit.

Check the sheeves for burrs.
Check the clutch alignment.
Check belt deflection.
Check crankshaft and transmission input shafts seals for leakage.
Check the air inlet and outlet ducts for abstructions.
If the belt case is snorkled then get used to buying lots of belts.
Have a complete and proper clutch service. This is best left to someone knowledgable in these clutches. Special tools are required to do a proper job. When done, redo the first three items as you reassemble.
Check the belt housing for water tightness.

If this does not solve the problem then:
  • The clutch is assembled wrong
  • The clutch has wore out parts in it, or
  • Low range is not being used properly.

falk

Reaction score
thanks i will try some of that the thing that bothers me is it only has 700km on it. I did chip it and put a clutch kit and has 27" but is gone through 8 belts and the dealer finds nothen wrong the thing is the most unreliable thing i have ever owned

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
8 belts in 700km and the dealer can't find anything wrong? The dealer needs to find a mechanic or/and needs to buy the tools to check the clutch properly.

Alignment, burrs, duct blockages, improper assembly of clutch are the most likely causes.

The 750 kawi is reliable. Belts drives do work. Don't give up on it.

BTW, I have had belt drives for ten years and get well over 8000kms on each belt. My Scramblers do not have low range and for those I am expecting to get 4000km for those belts, and that is twice as long as the chain and sprockets are going to last.

falk

Reaction score
well shes parked till next spring and it just came from the shop so hopefully she pulls through and performs like i know she can because it is a blast it just kinda wrecks the weekend being pulled out of the bush 25km of straight mud by a yammy

twinpeaks3

Reaction score
Put a dial gauge on the clutches and see how much runout you have. These are stock Kawi belts not aftermarkets right? How many miles on the bike? How long did the origanal belt last? Other than the belt everything else is good? performance is where it should be, doesn't seem a little slow ?

slvrbrt

Reaction score
Biggest thing that will eat your belts is running them loose. Been my experience that the dealers have no idea, and Kawi sends them out loose from the factory. Search Nyrocatv on google, go to the tech tips and look thru for the brute and the prairie, lot's of necessary info there.

Just saw you're form GP, guessing Stojan's did the work. That kinda says it all, I like them for parts but thats it. I can help you out with it if you want, PM me if you want a hand.

KDX MIKE

Reaction score
can any one tell me why the 750s are so hard on belts is any one eles having this problem

KAWI 750S ARE HARD ON BELTS THATS THE WAY IT IS BUT FOR A GOOD TIP BUY A BELT FOR AN ARCTIC CAT 650 V2. ITS THE SAME KAWI BELT WITH AN ARCTIC CAT STICKER ON IT AND THEY COST THE DEALER ABOUT 25 BUCKS LESS SO IF THEY ARE CHARGING THE SAME YOUR GETTING RIPPED.

slvrbrt

Reaction score
Actually, as long as you set your deflection properly, as in tight, and use low range in the mud, the belts will last a very long time. I always set mine tight enough that they squeel a bit sitting still while in gear. On my old 650, been the same belt for 3yrs or more now, and it's still tight and in spec.

Thanks for the tip on the AC belts, I'll have to check it out here.

slvrbrt

Reaction score
Did you buy one there???

I asked the guy about shipping, was told 27$ us if I recall, pretty much would have been the same price by the time it got here.

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
are the cat belts any tufer then the stock kawi belts?? I know the cat old 650vtwine cats used the kawi motor,

CamoKVF700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The BF750 belts are the ones you want to run. They are tougher than the Kawie 650 belts which is what the AC uses.

You may need a stiffer secondary spring so the secondary closes quicker. Are you smoking belts in reverse while in the mud?

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got the Highlifter clutch kit in my brute right now think its got the red secondary maroon primary, yeah I have smoked my belt in revers but in really deep snow in 4x4, I shoulda knew beter then to keep fightin her but I try too hard some times the down fall to 29.5 laws i gusse. anything else you would recomend for clutching ??? more bottom end belt grip would be nice.

Top Bottom