belt change

padleym1000

Reaction score
hay there i bought a 07 m1000 and im wondering if i got to take the rear clutch off to change the belt or what its not like my old polaris help me out please....thanx....:)

calgarysledguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Go in your tool kit under your hood. There is a tool with 3 tits on it and socket looking thing to go with it. Put it on the white plastic cap on the secondary.This has REVERSE THREADS. and losen it all the way out. Once you have the white thing out. Pull off the black rubber o ring and take all the shimms off of there.Dont loss them LOL.Then screw the white thing back in (Reverse Threads) with no shims or o ring on. keep tightning it in and the secondary will keep spreading open untill you get enough room to get the belt off. Put belt on then put shims and o ring back on and tight it back in. Good to Go.

Hope this helps. Darrell:beer::beer::beer:

cles

Reaction score
If yours is an 07, you won't have the adjuster (or a tool kit for that matter).

1. Set your parking brake
2. Use an oil filter wrench on the helix to open the secondary.
3. R & R belt.
4. Pick off the dead skin from your knuckles and wipe up the blood (or use gloves)

crm1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hay there i bought a 07 m1000 and im wondering if i got to take the rear clutch off to change the belt or what its not like my old polaris help me out please....thanx....:)
i just open my side panel take off the belt gaurd and roll my belt off that seems to work for me i dont use any tools to spread my secondary just be carefull you dont pich your fingers it can hurt lol!!!!

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
x 3. Went to a Cutlers deflection adjuster and it's one bolt for the DD to come off. Easiest way to change belts on the DD ever!

hammer396

Reaction score
take the bolt out for the secondary, take the small washer and lock washer off, pull out the aluminum piece that holds the spacers, flip it arround, put in the bolt and tighten it up, it will spread the clutch open when you tighten the bolt. thats how I change my belt on my 07 cf 1000

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
take the bolt out for the secondary, take the small washer and lock washer off, pull out the aluminum piece that holds the spacers, flip it arround, put in the bolt and tighten it up, it will spread the clutch open when you tighten the bolt. thats how I change my belt on my 07 cf 1000

if you've already pulled the bolt out why not pull the secondary as well? I've tried the Cat recommended method and found it a bit cumbersome. Any way I just installed the RK-TEK helix kit and it comes with a tool for making adjustments. this tool also works for opening the shiv to remove the belt. :beer::beer::beer:

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

this works, and perfectly.

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess I am old fashioned...I push the inside of the secondary while giving the Helix a twist..brake on..spread them by hand and pull off the belt...take my belt off regularly..??whatever works I guess.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess I am old fashioned...I push the inside of the secondary while giving the Helix a twist..brake on..spread them by hand and pull off the belt...take my belt off regularly..??whatever works I guess.

not a hell of a lot of room and spring tension is quite tight. I tried that once but ended up skinnin' off a lot of bark

snowzombie

Reaction score

X2 - use a similar method only I found grabbing the top side of the belt and pulling it upwards as you push in and twist the helix pulls the belt into the bottom side of the sheeve's then you can just walk it off the top side. practice in the garage a couple times before you do it on the hill. you need to line up one of the flat edges on the face of the primary with the tightest spot against the bellypan to help get the belt free of the primary as well.

klswine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

thats what i do on my 07 cf6

Top Bottom