Belt change out tricks?

Bails

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X's 3 with the rubber oil filter wrench. Can have belt off before you would even be able to take secondary bolt out. So easy

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X's 3 with the rubber oil filter wrench. Can have belt off before you would even be able to take secondary bolt out. So easy

That's fine and dandy if you're working out of your shop/garage, but not practical if you need to change it while riding unless you like packing around extra junk you don't need to...

On a side note, I'm at approx 1200 miles mostly on the same belt... Just threw the other one in on the trail a couple times to break it in. Still looks healthy to me. I do have side panel vents and have a lot of heat exhausted through my old intake vents and gauge cage though.

Bails

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, I do pack one in my seat. Doesn't take up much room. It's obviously really practical.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
another simple way is to just remove the bolt from the secondary and slide it off the shaft, change your belt out and slide it back on. this may not be the " proper way" but it works like a dam.

This is the way I do it too, and with all the tuning I do this works best for me. I then turn the belt to its side and rotate the primary to get it to slip between the straight sides of the primary. Off and on in a couple of minutes.

Trigger

Reaction score
Taking off is easy sometimes unfortunately.

Had one come out in 1" pieces yesterday. Apparently the workout I was giving it was not appreciated by my clutch! lol

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why when doing the bolt method does the secondary not pop and tighten all the time? Will it if I fire it up? Changed my 11 just to practice before I ride it and on my buddies 09 it did the same

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why when doing the bolt method does the secondary not pop and tighten all the time? Will it if I fire it up? Changed my 11 just to practice before I ride it and on my buddies 09 it did the same

It doesnt tighten cause ur belt will be sittin to low in the secondary so it squeezes against the belt not allowing the secondary to close. I usually just fire it up let the clutches spin and it pops right into place, then tighten the bolt.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

As you slowly back the bolt out pull the belt backwards so it slips around the secondary. This will let the belt come up and the secondary will be able to close.:beer:

Top Bottom