Bears.............

hpsmithson

Reaction score
Here are a couple of pictures of a bear that was circling our house a few years ago. A big chocolate brown black bear. Bear1.jpg Bear2.jpg Bear3.jpg Bear4.jpg

Pinner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow that is a well fed bear, no doubt he eats a lot of fruit. Looks like an old boy.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh man I love this bear thread.

In the early evening my husband puts on this live web cam overlooking a river where Salmon are spawning. It's kind of our family thing now. All of us cuddle up and watch the bears catching the salmon. Last night we counted 9 bears. I'll see if I can get the link and post it up here!. It's cool.

hpsmithson

Reaction score
Wow that is a well fed bear, no doubt he eats a lot of fruit. Looks like an old boy.
Those pictures were taken May 4th, so I don't know what he was eating to get so fat that early on in the year. I have seen a lot of bears in this area, but none so big and fat.

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I read somewhere that Bears don't run well downhill. Looks pretty slippery there to.

Thats another one of those old wifes tails....thier ability to run down hill is around the same percentage of ability that a human has vs running on flat ground, last time I tried running down a hill, I wasnt as good at it as I am on flat ground either.......and seen as how they can out run us on flat ground, if they decide to run you down, it wont matter if your running down a hill, your in trouble.....it's a good thing that most of them havent fiqured out they're bigger and meaner than we are....

That's why the buddy method works for being in bear country....." the tried and ture, I dont have to out run the bear, just have to out run you"

Top Bottom