Bearberry Trails

Smithys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thinking about going out to Bearberry this weekend for a family ride with the kids. Anyone know if there is enough snow out at Bearberry west of Sundre?

Catchme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spoke with a lady at "Mountains Edge" this morning and she thinks Bearberry should be good since Sundre is covered with deep snow.

Smithys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How does you Saturday look for you Catchme? Do you guys want to go out and see what the conditions are like ?

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
How about Cataract since they are grooming the trails this week? Good snow there and talked to Smithy at the club meeting tonight about doing it this week and perhaps Bearberry next time?

Going to head down to Cataract and get to see the rest of the trails there on Saturday. Leaving Calgary around 8:30 and hit the Cataract staging area for 10:00 AM or shortly after.

Catchme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Either place, I'm not picky as long as we go somewhere. We will have kids with us so we have to keep that in mind.

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! Does this trip have anything to do with the Red Deer Power Sports trip to this area?

Catchme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! Does this trip have anything to do with the Red Deer Power Sports trip to this area?

I spoke with Chris at power sports yesterday and he is planning a trip for a few people. I believe his ride is on Sunday. Might just do cataract on Saturday and head out to bearberry on Sunday. Make it a full weekend of riding just for the kid's.

Catchme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Highway 27 through Sundre and just keep heading west (don't turn onto highway 22 North). Road curves around to the north after a few KM's so just follow it along. I think it's around 15-16km on that road from Sundre and you will come through the village(??) of Bearberry. Continue west through Bearberry until road curves to the north again. At that point stay left and take the secondary road that keeps going west for @ 2km. You will come to a "T" intersection and you will see the staging area to your left. The staging area is a fair size with a nice warm up shack. Don't know what time we will be there on Sunday yet but will let you know. :beerchug:

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Highway 27 through Sundre and just keep heading west (don't turn onto highway 22 North). Road curves around to the north after a few KM's so just follow it along. I think it's around 15-16km on that road from Sundre and you will come through the village(??) of Bearberry. Continue west through Bearberry until road curves to the north again. At that point stay left and take the secondary road that keeps going west for @ 2km. You will come to a "T" intersection and you will see the staging area to your left. The staging area is a fair size with a nice warm up shack. Don't know what time we will be there on Sunday yet but will let you know. :beerchug:

Yeah same here, spoke with Chris as well, and looks like sunday is a go. Two of us for sure for a break in ride on the new Cats! See ya there most likely :)

Catchme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look's like staging area around 10 to 10:30 and riding by 11:00.

jetcheker09

Reaction score
Wanted to hook up with you guys for Sundays ride so I can get some guidance on that area etc but cant make it, Please post snow conditions just in case I can make it out there before xmas. Is there a trail system or just cut lines to ride?
Thanks

Smithys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is lots of trails to ride and lots of pipeline right a ways in Bearberry. These trails also hook up with the Caroline trail system.

Top Bottom