beamers hid conversion kits?

AC550

Reaction score
i am just wondering if anyone has installed one of these kits and are they good or bad as i am looking to put hids in my truck

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i am just wondering if anyone has installed one of these kits and are they good or bad as i am looking to put hids in my truck

I put them in about a year ago, worked great, until about 2 weeks ago when I got a ticket from DOT and had to remove them. Not legal in Canada, they are now treating them the same as Lightforce Driving lights, if you have them, they have to be covered. Not much good if they are your headlights.

I sent an email to Beamers to try and get some information and anything on certifications, they told me "sorry, we have no certifications in Canada and you have to run them at your own risk."

AC550

Reaction score
what kelvin were you running and beleive they wont give you a problem if you put projector headlights in aswell becasue pretty much everyone is converting to hids lately

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I miss the days of plain old normal headlights.....

Seems everyone is running super bright blinding douchelights now..

The bigger the truck the brighter the lights...

The bimmers and mercedes are no freaking better.......

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what kelvin were you running and beleive they wont give you a problem if you put projector headlights in aswell becasue pretty much everyone is converting to hids lately

The CVSE officer told me that they had a meeting about a month ago and in BC they are cracking down on HID headlights. The main problem is glare off the headlights for oncoming traffic, and as you know they stand out like a sore thumb at night.

My housings were legal, had DOT and CSA approval stamps on them, it is the bulbs themselves that the officer was after.

AC550

Reaction score
there is nothing wrong with hids because there the way of the future for car headlights as they are brighter safer at night less energy consumtion and they will outlast the vechicle

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there is nothing wrong with hids because there the way of the future for car headlights as they are brighter safer at night less energy consumtion and they will outlast the vechicle

they just arn't legal and do put out a heck of a glare for oncoming traffic.

Safer for the person using them, unsafe for the guy coming at you.

One thing to remember, I am out the $350 or so dollars I spent on them, but I gotta tell you, Im not sad to no longer hear the complaints of people I met on the road with them.

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just keep the Kelvin between 4000=5000 and you won't get bothered by cops. They appear white compared to the 6000K which are very blue for the light output.

I had a 6000K beamers kit at first and had no problems other than a couple cops made me pull out my headlight bulb since they were to stupid to believe the bulbs weren't blue in color, once they saw the bulbs were clear they let me go. I have since gone to the 5000K and have had no problems whatsoever

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just keep the Kelvin between 4000=5000 and you won't get bothered by cops. They appear white compared to the 6000K which are very blue for the light output.

I had a 6000K beamers kit at first and had no problems other than a couple cops made me pull out my headlight bulb since they were to stupid to believe the bulbs weren't blue in color, once they saw the bulbs were clear they let me go. I have since gone to the 5000K and have had no problems whatsoever

That is a possible solution but Im not sure I want to spend any more money on them to find out.

AC550

Reaction score
thanks for your responses but i beleive there legal here in alberta as i have a friend with 10,000kelvin and he never gets bother by the cops and there on a avalanche so maybe its just the cops in bc but not here in alberta there a little more forgiving here in alberta

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for your responses but i beleive there legal here in alberta as i have a friend with 10,000kelvin and he never gets bother by the cops and there on a avalanche so maybe its just the cops in bc but not here in alberta there a little more forgiving here in alberta

When your forking over your cash, ask them for their CSA or DOT approvals. If you get one let me know.

Ill save you some money, I will sell you my set for 1/2 price.

Kinda curious, if your hell bend on buying them and have all the answers, why did you bother starting a thread asking about them?

AC550

Reaction score
just curious on what other people thought i only know one person with them

mustange70

Reaction score
you can pick up sets through ddmtuning.com for less than a 100bucks, very good quality, I put a set in some 7 inch offroad lights (50watt, 6000k, offroad use or late night no traffic type deal), and it's a good quality kit. that said the problem with the lights is how they're aimed, because of the intensity of the lights the focal points of the beam get all screwed up and needs to be adjusted for propely, do that and your golden without pissing anyone off.

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Actually anything over 6000K is illegal in Alberta as well as any headlight housing that is not made standard for HID lights. They are not DOT approved and states right on the box "For offroad use only"
BMW, Mercedes and all the other cars that have them from the factory have 5000K or less, most are only 4000K, but due to the housings appear blue or have a slight purple tinge to them(these are legal) Like Mustang70 said though, a properly adjusted set of HID's do not glare badly at the other cars but when people put in thier HID's generally do not adjust thier headlights accordingly.

mustange70

Reaction score
forgot to add, anything thats hotter than 5000K+ has less visible light thrown out, and preforms worse than a similarly powered light thats in the 4500-5000k range, te best performance is that which is closest to the colour of natural light, the whiter the better, but blue is bad. For myself i wish i would've with a 5000k bulb on my extra lights.

drford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

He will get bothered sooner than later. But if he drops to 5k no problems as that is same rating the lincolns mercedes new mustang range rovers. Cadillacs bmw all come factory with. It will be the k rating they will crack down on

tas

Reaction score
I just tried getting a beamers HID kit installed in my dodge p/u. I also have an H&S Black Maxx controller for power and fuel savings. The HIDs would not work as the controller and HIDs kept butting heads so to speak. Ended up having them removed and bought an LED light bar instead. They were done at a reputable dealer with all the proper interface modules. Beamers was contacted and had no answer as to how to solve the problem. Seem to be good quality from my internet research.

Top Bottom