BDX steering system for a nytro? Will it work with a Turbo kit?

Destroyer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Looking at possibly doing up a yammi. I'm used to running polaris and cat, so I've grown to like the vertical steering post.

Would this system work with a turbo kit? with the intercooler being right there I'm not too sure.

climbmax

Team Thunderstruck
Reaction score
Hmm.....never seen this. I imagine it would work. Post is likely same position its just the upper portion which modified. Hope someone has it and can chime in.
Yamy huh? Planning on becomoming more of a Krazy Sasky?
RS

E&S

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
I have one on a MCX kit and fits no problem - Darren

Destroyer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hmm.....never seen this. I imagine it would work. Post is likely same position its just the upper portion which modified. Hope someone has it and can chime in.
Yamy huh? Planning on becomoming more of a Krazy Sasky?
RS

Never know lol, got a broken collar bone right now. i usually race moto x every weekend, now I'm just brain storming! I rode micku's 385 hp Turboed doo four stroke last season and it spoiled me rotten.

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never know lol, got a broken collar bone right now. i usually race moto x every weekend, now I'm just brain storming! I rode micku's 385 hp Turboed doo four stroke last season and it spoiled me rotten.

Welcome to the sunny side in advance Chad if it happens.

E&S

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Do you have any of these kits in stock Darren?

It depends if there is some interest in them I will, Its Looking like another customer wants one, So when I order it will keep the expense down for shipping. I will let you know if I do. Darren

looneyrod27

Reaction score
It depends if there is some interest in them I will, Its Looking like another customer wants one, So when I order it will keep the expense down for shipping. I will let you know if I do. Darren
I would appreciate that Darren. Do you stock the copper donut gaskets and the lighter blowoff valve springs? Im gonna be needing them this year as well. Also interested in a 38" z-bros front end. My Nytro has the wide front end on it and is a pita to carve and sidehill.

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have one on a MCX kit and fits no problem - Darren

What are your thoughts about the bdx kit? How much does it effect the level of steering swing? Just trying to get a better outlook on what it actually does. Does it make the steering more level like a poo or pussy cat? One of the only reasons I'm not a fan of a nytro is cuz of the lay down steering, throws me off balance being used to a cat and the vertical style set up.

JDen

Reaction score
Ya it works good. Makes it more of a "push/pull" instead of "lift/drop" action on the bars. Mines a 2010 MCX and it fits great. The only part of them that is stupid is how they mount it to the steering hoop, you're supposed to cut half of the stock clamp off the hoop and bolt it to there....well it doesn't take too many crashed to break that off, but if you cut the stock bracket completely off and set the BDX bracket right onto the steering hoop it fits like a glove and eliminates the weak spots.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
It uses a u joint to help get the handle bar to a vertical style of setup. Most other relocation kits currently on the market for Nytro's simply push the bar up a few degrees.

Yamaha.jpg

E&S

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
I would appreciate that Darren. Do you stock the copper donut gaskets and the lighter blowoff valve springs? Im gonna be needing them this year as well. Also interested in a 38" z-bros front end. My Nytro has the wide front end on it and is a pita to carve and sidehill.

I do have the Copper donuts and lighter springs in stock now, Just give me a call and I can ship to ya-780-997-3818-Darren

Top Bottom