Bdx Diamond drive lite

M1000CAT

Reaction score
I got a 2007 m1000 and am just wondering if the lite is worth putting in. I need to rebuild my stock diamond drive and if I put in a lite I lose reverse. Is it worth it or is there any way I could swap some pins in wiring harness, get a 2009 flash to ECM and have elec reverse. Any input would help thanks.

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
I think that if you have to spend the money, you should go to a diamond lite because they are stronger and more effecient, my friend put one on his M1000 and he geared his a little lower than me but it seems to pull really hard even though I have more mods, we have not been able to compare much this year thopugh because of life circumstances but it did make us wonder. Plus the electronic reverse is awesome if you can figure out how to do that. Good luck.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a 2007 m1000 and am just wondering if the lite is worth putting in. I need to rebuild my stock diamond drive and if I put in a lite I lose reverse. Is it worth it or is there any way I could swap some pins in wiring harness, get a 2009 flash to ECM and have elec reverse. Any input would help thanks.

Way too much stuff to change to get electronic reverse in 07. BDX Lite drive is far and away worth putting in in my opinion. I'm in my 40's and don't miss the reverse at all, and I've had reverse on my sleds since 2004. The improvement in the sled outweighs the lack of reverse in my opinion....
I you are set on electronic reverse, buy a new M1k, cause the cost to add it to the 07 will be more then the difference on a new unit.

mustard73

Reaction score
I've got one in my 07 M8. Haven't had any issues plus the dipstick is nice for checking your oil level and condition. It was already installed on the sled when I bought it and I haven't tore it down yet so I don't know if it has stock gearing or not...

Electronic reverse is cool but I don't need reverse bad enough to justify an extra 11lbs for mechanical reverse.

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
I use my reverse constantly, it is a tool in my opinion. With the big track I can use reverse to get me outta some pretty good stucks or potential stucks, it is awesome. I use mine probably 10+ times a day! In reguards to the diamond lite , I wish I could just change the diamond drive part and compare the difference to see the trackspeed change, then I could determine if it is a worthwhile mod, 1-2 mph..not worth it, 5 mph gain, I would consider it. What do you guys think, anybody know how much gain there is to be had with these, facts not heresay.

mustard73

Reaction score
I'm not sure if the DD lite is any more efficient but wouldn't most of the weight lost be rotating mass?

I think the only time I really wish I had reverse is backing off the deck or trailer. Maybe hooking up to my buddies' Doos would be easier if I could back up too LOL.

Fatdaddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got 3500km on my BDX lite without trouble I also geared down to 58/62. Reverse is nice to have but it hasn't troubled me since & half of these have been with the 3" lugs.

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Won't change your top speed any unless you select a different ratio, but will build rpms quicker with less rotating mass. Unless your having bearing failure issues already, you won't be gaining any reliabilty. Another consideration about run in reverse is if you have a clutch kit, will it work in reverse.

Top Bottom