M1000 Secondary identification

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm swapping a motor from my old chassis to a new chassis and I'm looking for information identifying the cap that is on the new secondary.

The new chassis is a 2008 that has the BDX Diamond Lite drive and an Electronic Reverse upgrade. I do not recognize the Cap that holds the secondary in place and I also do not know the proper tool required to remove the secondary. The clutch has the correct part # 0726-274 stamped in it but the Cap is not the stock Cap...can anyone identify this part and the tool required to remove it?

My guess is I would need some type of 'Y' with two prongs that would slip into 2 of the 6 holes.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_4879.JPG
    IMG_4879.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_4880.JPG
    IMG_4880.JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 95

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That looks like the plastic cap on my wife's 06 crossfire. It is left hand threaded if I remember right. I think there is a pin wrench in the tool bag. I will check in the morning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
check in the center hole. there should be an Allen head bolt in there. That is the bolt that holds your secondary to the shaft. the outer cap is to adjust you belt deflection.

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not having much luck with link.
Search bdx belt deflection tool and you should find what you need

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As noted its a BDX aftermarket belt deflection adjuster. ensure that you check it every few rides, sometimes they back off a little, that opens the clutch and lets the belt fall in the groove, its like starting your car in 3rd gear. Get a new lock washer for the bolt if the old one is starting to stay flat when you take the bolt out.

Top Bottom