2007 m8 Diamond Drive gear ratio?

Lukke

Reaction score
I got a 2007 m8 153, had my diamond drive pile up the other day. I am looking at picking up a used DD.. 2100$ new. Found a good deal on a 60/60 ratio drive. i know this year of m8 was a 57/63 stock. Would putting the 60/60 in the sled make a noticeable difference to the bottom end power? Any help would be great!

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a 2007 m8 153, had my diamond drive pile up the other day. I am looking at picking up a used DD.. 2100$ new. Found a good deal on a 60/60 ratio drive. i know this year of m8 was a 57/63 stock. Would putting the 60/60 in the sled make a noticeable difference to the bottom end power? Any help would be great!

You will notice a difference if you go to the 60/60 ratio, that is the M1000 gearing. The M8 doesn't really have enough torque to swing those gears consistently without heating up the belt IMO. Most guys are going the other way and going to 55/65's and lots of the M1000's were running the M8 57/63 ratio. There are lots of used stock M8 gears out there for cheap, just gotta look.

Are your stock gears toast or just other DD parts? You could still maybe re-use your original gears if they are in OK shape.

Lukke

Reaction score
thanks for the reply. will it be a noticeable difference in a bad way? if i had to i could put new gears in that case? most guys are going the other way but im trying to get this thing back in the powder asap without breaking the bank. all of my stock gears are toast unfortunately.. i am going to need a whole new drive.

Last edited:

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe check on BDX's website. I don't think they are that expensive. And they have many ratio's to pick from.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for the reply. will it be a noticeable difference in a bad way? if i had to i could put new gears in that case? most guys are going the other way but im trying to get this thing back in the powder asap without breaking the bank. all of my stock gears are toast unfortunately.. i am going to need a whole new drive.

Yes it will probably be noticeable in a bad way. You will lose a lot of bottom end pull because it will be like starting out in 2nd gear, so you will have some belt slippage and that will create heat and fawk your belt faster. So at $100+ for a belt, if you blow through a couple you just paid as much for a new set of gears. New gear sets are a couple hundred. There's a site called Kijijii where you can look up used parts. Here's a stock set for $75 Arctic Cat Diamond Drive gers 57/63 ratio | snowmobiles parts, trailers, accessories | St. Albert | Kijiji

Top Bottom