Bca pack cylinder went empty

bingo1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up for those of you running a bca pack, the day i was leaving for the hills i checked the cylinder on my pack and found it empty. Not sure if this is a common problem or what. Bought the pack at the sled show this year, took it to the bca booth and deployed it then repacked it. They gave me a new cylinder and it has been holding pressure untill now. Since we were travelling at night there was no way to refill it before the trip so i was kinda choked to not have a valuable piece of equipment. When we got to renshaw i bumped into another group of guys that offered to borrow me their spare cylinder and when they got it out they noticed it was empty as well. This post is just a heads up to check your cylinder before hand. If i wasnt rerouting my deploy handle i doubt i would have checked it all.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Happened to me last season also. Contact BCA.

bingo1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did they give you a different cylinder? I assume it is a slow leak as the bag has never pressured up even a little

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did they give you a different cylinder? I assume it is a slow leak as the bag has never pressured up even a little

Yes it was a problem with the cylinder and they sent me a new one no questions asked.

NeilV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Happened to 2 out of 4 in our group this year too. Brand new bags. The cylinders were full the night before and when we got to the parking lot in the morning completely empty but we ran into some very cold weather on the way that may have had something to do with it. Called sled wrecks when we got home and they shipped us new cylinders no problem. Still sh!tty we had to ride without them for the weekend though.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had my snowpulse cylinder go empty once also. Got to the parking lot and noticed it. I make a point of checking it now before it's too late. I had taken my brand new cylinder to get refilled. They gave me a already filled one to save me time but it was a old rough looking one. I figured oh well as long as it's full who cares. Well it leaked out so I guess I should have waited to have my own refilled. I took it back and got a brand new cylinder so it all worked out in the end.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good to see people checking their avy packs. i run into people who just shrug their shoulders and say "its new it should just work".

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I just had the same problem with my BCA bag, the cylinder was full the other day then it was less than 1000, so alpine recharged it, now its low again. May need to replace the O-rings. Will contact BCA and post my findings.

Good to see everyone is being diligent about checking there canisters.

giddyup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
**** that is scary it could be good when you start the day, but empty at the end of the day, thats to risky for me

Top Bottom