BC Wolf Cull-BC's Effort to Save Endangered Mountain Caribou

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another flawed study.... lots of cougar moving into the north. In the south both bear and cougar kill 6 times the number of caribou that wolves do. Not saying culling of wolves will not help though. See page 415

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kill one herd to save another..... wtf. Nature takes care of itself but humans think they need to control everything.

Meanwhile we have a major deer over population in town but can't cull them without the deer lovers causing an uproar.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What bothers me most about this is that it is our tax dollars being utterly wasted. The money isnt coming from some big magical pot in the sky. Its OUR money. Millions of dollars that could be put towards something useful like more doctors, teachers, police officers, etc.

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thoughts?

the main problem with wolves are ranchers and BC Cattlemen's ass... its a huge lobby group and cattlemen hate wolves as they use crown land from april to Oct 15th for free to raise they're cattle... right or wrong... young cows in the woods is just poor husbandry practises so the wolves get blamed are they a problem??? you bet they are a part of it only. Anyone find it funny now the beef prices are through the roof and everyone and their dog is getting back on the cattle band wagon this is suddenly a huge issue? Gov't doesn't do anything for anyone anymore why do think they are doing this???

I'm a hunter i love moose and elk and i'd give up moose hunting in a second if i thought my hunting would result in the wolves getting eradicated in BC... something about having them close buy and hearing them makes a trip into the woods feel complete....

you wanna blame something? blame black bear first off they rape and pillage all the moose calves in the spring and their numbers in BC anyhow are way way above historic numbers... no one except Conservation officers kill them anymore...

next you have grizzly bears... as a hunter i can tell you since the moritorium ( my spelling sucks get over it) their numbers have gone through the roof... in 2009 i shot my last bc moose... lost it outside camp to a grizzly bear in an area where we had not seen one in over 25 years... they are now moving into the cascade mtn range just outside of the LMD where we don't believe they occurred historically ( albeit im not sure i believe that) but since modern man started keeping track anyhow...

people poaching, land use and native rights to hunt with no right to manage them for the wildlife sakes is what's killing everything... and a proven point to is that wolves manage themselves... when a hunter or a farmer see's a lone scout wolf and kills it he's probably killing the pack leader... the pack leader is gone the pack breaks up and forms other smaller packs that find it very easy to harrass farmers instead of wildlife... if we left them alone yes there would be few larger packs but they'd regulate themselves better then my tax dollars and in a safer manner allowing them to survive...

just my two cents

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Problem was created by for profit organizations yet the general public and their tax dollars have to pay the true costs (financial and social) to fix the issue.

Privatize the profits....socialize the risks. That's what happens when governments are owned.

Funny how not one forestry, oil or gas company has come forward with offers or suggestions.

What bothers me most about this is that it is our tax dollars being utterly wasted. The money isnt coming from some big magical pot in the sky. Its OUR money. Millions of dollars that could be put towards something useful like more doctors, teachers, police officers, etc.

Top Bottom