BC Travel for Albertans

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not quite on topic but did hear about a Calgary family than own a cabin in the USA and decided to vacation there this summer. At the border they said that they were informed that the cabin had a major water line break and they needed to get to the cabin. After doing paperwork they were allowed to go but.... the next morning while drinking their morning coffee there was a knock on the door. Federal officials were there to check out the water break. Well they were busted. 50grand ticket and 5 year ban from the USA. Ouch!!!! I bet they won't be trying that ever again.... and I bet the wifey(if he has one) must of been impressed.....hahahahah. Sorry now back on topic

craggar2011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not quite on topic but did hear about a Calgary family than own a cabin in the USA and decided to vacation there this summer. At the border they said that they were informed that the cabin had a major water line break and they needed to get to the cabin. After doing paperwork they were allowed to go but.... the next morning while drinking their morning coffee there was a knock on the door. Federal officials were there to check out the water break. Well they were busted. 50grand ticket and 5 year ban from the USA. Ouch!!!! I bet they won't be trying that ever again.... and I bet the wifey(if he has one) must of been impressed.....hahahahah. Sorry now back on topic
Wow.... I bet he qon't try that again.

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow. That's steep

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you one of those guys who wear a mask when you drive alone and walk down a quiet street? I see those types all the time and just don't get it.
Wheres a mask when giving himself the stranger in his house thats surrounded by a moat of hand sanitizer and trudeau liberal support signs

d8grandpa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had similar story, a friend that works for me owns property in Montana. One of his neighbors down there that lives in Calgary wanted to go to his property, so he told border that there was a tree fallen on his cabin and he needed to go take care of it. They let him through and when he got to his property 2 sheriffs were there to greet him and with no fallen tree he was given a 5 year ban from the USA. No mention of a fine tho.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had similar story, a friend that works for me owns property in Montana. One of his neighbors down there that lives in Calgary wanted to go to his property, so he told border that there was a tree fallen on his cabin and he needed to go take care of it. They let him through and when he got to his property 2 sheriffs were there to greet him and with no fallen tree he was given a 5 year ban from the USA. No mention of a fine tho.
Does this person work for Eecol? I heard this story through a sales contact.I believe there was a fine if so.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a reminder to anyone travelling through BC to slow down and plan ahead for construction. Local and friend of mine was killed riding his Harley on Tuesday. Impatient driver decided to pull out of construction line up to do a u turn on the hiway and hit him. His wife and 4 kids are now left without a father.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a reminder to anyone travelling through BC to slow down and plan ahead for construction. Local and friend of mine was killed riding his Harley on Tuesday. Impatient driver decided to pull out of construction line up to do a u turn on the hiway and hit him. His wife and 4 kids are now left without a father.

The number of Harleys on the roads in BC is unreal. I think everyone who would have normally ridden to the USA is now in BC. Sorry to hear this news though as no one deserves that.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The number of Harleys on the roads in BC is unreal. I think everyone who would have normally ridden to the USA is now in BC. Sorry to hear this news though as no one deserves that.
I rode to Cranbrook last Saturday from Edmonton. Then Rode home The next day back to Edmonton. So many motorcycles I quit waving. I was blown away how many bikes we’re on the highway

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rode to Cranbrook last Saturday from Edmonton. Then Rode home The next day back to Edmonton. So many motorcycles I quit waving. I was blown away how many bikes we’re on the highway
Could be since riders can't hit Sturgis they are touring around BC/ Alberta?

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

What surprised me this year is how many of them I see riding like absolute idiots. Never seen it this bad before. For some perspective.....I've been riding all my life, so I'm no bike hater. But WOW!

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Sorry to hear this. My condolences.

Top Bottom