Bass Pro

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one who has come to hate this store? First of all it take 20 minutes to get someone to even speak to you, and when you do get someon they have no idea what they are talking about. Seems kind of important when you are dropping hundred or thousands on hunting and fishing equipment. From now on Wholesale Sports and Cabela's get all my business.:realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad:

STYKO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I only been there once just to look around, I don't think I bought anything. I was asked several times if I need anything. Maybe they just don't like you.... lol

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I asked them what the gear ratio was on the wildcat and 30 minutes later they couldn't tell me lol

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I asked them what the gear ratio was on the wildcat and 30 minutes later they couldn't tell me lol
Try the same question at 10 AC dealers...you might get one that knows. LOL

But on the Bass Pro topic....meh. Been there a couple of times....it's just a big expensive amusment park...not any good deals. I didn't find the staff real helpful either mind you.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
It seems wherever one goes, it is the same. Staff turn-over is huge and nobody really gives a rat's ass! They just want their shift to end and some don't even smile on payday cause they think they are worth soooo much more than they receive…..:hmm:

I like to go to up there once a year and wander around the mall but there is sooo much in between the Elk Vally and Airdrie that I usually only stop on the way to the Edmonton sled show…..

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Place is basically useless. What kind of "outfitter" is out of .22LR and 2-3/4" target loads most of the time? Wholesale Sports is the way to go IMO. Only good thing is that the kid likes to see the big fish tank....LOL

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I hate bass pro cabelas and wholesale sports. They always drain my bank account and then the wife gets angry.

I hear you on the staffing issue. But from what I could tell the shoppers to staff ratio is crazy. They can't be everywhere at the same time. Cabelas and bass pro are the same companies too. Also these stores are a fraction of the size of their other stores in the states. They don't carry everything that their catalogues have

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe they were confused because you have 3 first names? Lol. J/K.

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pro Bass should have built a crappy little lean too and sell the goods at half the cost rather than having to pay off that multi million dollar show case with current pricing. I dont need glamour to buy a couple fish hooks now and then

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cool place to wander around, but there prices arent good. Service at the gun counter sucks arse. Ive walked away 3 times now from going in to buy a gun. Got tired of waiting. Buy all of my guns from Pud in Bashaw. Awesome people and great prices.

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cool place to wander around, but there prices arent good. Service at the gun counter sucks arse. Ive walked away 3 times now from going in to buy a gun. Got tired of waiting. Buy all of my guns from Pud in Bashaw. Awesome people and great prices.
Totally agree! Completely useless at this counter and everywhere in the store for that matter. I spent 20 mins waiting to drop a few bills on some new binos and the guy finally comes around at 5:59 and said sorry I'm off shift and can't help you out. The end. I hate this sideshow. Never seems to be any decent deals either the few times I've been in there. Try to support the moms and pops if I can...

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a lack of sales people i have to agree, but they have pretty much whatever ya need, wholesale sports are also good, sure beats crap tire and walmart and a few of the mom and pop stores that have stuff so old it has mold on it. no beotch here, it is what it is. sport shops around red deer are a friggin pain,

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I go there for my kids "they luv it" Myself I couldnt be bothered with the mindless staff nor the BS markup on EVERYTHING!

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a lack of sales people i have to agree, but they have pretty much whatever ya need, wholesale sports are also good, sure beats crap tire and walmart and a few of the mom and pop stores that have stuff so old it has mold on it. no beotch here, it is what it is. sport shops around red deer are a friggin pain,

Ufa isn't terrible. But very little selection.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ufa isn't terrible. But very little selection.

red deer? can't see that section staying open for much longer, really nothing there. wolverine is better for selection, but still not much. but definitly better than nothing.

don't get me wrong, i'm not in the gun sections, so shouldn't be commenting on that, and you may have a better opinion.

Last edited:

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
red deer? can't see that section staying open for much longer, really nothing there. wolverine is better for selection, but still not much. but definitly better than nothing.

It's been open for 3 or 4 years now I think. Never been to wolverine.

Top Bottom