Barb wire fence

campstove

Reaction score
Guy rides across private land to a creek or river, rides down river, hits a wire put up by farmer and its the farmers fault??????? Really?? Give me a break!!!

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guy rides across private land to a creek or river, rides down river, hits a wire put up by farmer and its the farmers fault??????? Really?? Give me a break!!!

Yes because river is not owned by the farmer. He may own the land on either side but you can't run a wire across the river. Creek or stream yes but not a river.
If the farmer/landowner is that much if a inconsiderate d bag that he doesn't at least flag it I hope it was one if his relatives that got cut in half

campstove

Reaction score
What about the inconsiderate d bag sledder that left the farmers gate open, or cut the fence, rode past the no trespassing sign to get the stream!! I agree with the river crossing statement, and the fact that marking wires is a very good thing to do, but why is it that everyone always points to someone else when they make a mistake. I have been riding sleds and bikes my whole life and have never hit a wire!! If it does happen to me its my fault for not being aware of hazards around me when riding. Accidents unfortunately happen, but we must take responsibility for our own actions, not point fingers everywhere else. I think there actually has been a guy in the Stettler area who just recently was injured seriously by hitting a barb wire fence. Is it the farmers or land owners fault???:nono:

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty tough to see a single wire "fence" when riding. Especially when it were it is not supposed to be. Regardless of how careful you are

Top Bottom