Baofeng UV82HP radio's now for sale

Trukker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were up at Grizzly Lodge and could hear the Log Haulers calling from kilometer 2 was about 35 k away . We were on top of the Valley but non the less impressive range

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is the reception and range better than the BCA??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Short answer YES. Long answer, BCA 2 watts , Baofeng 8 watts. BCA UHF only, Baofeng UHF and VHF, VHF is generally better out doors. BCA antenna short and not removable, when it is in your pack between your shovel blade and body where is the signal going to go? With the Baofeng antenna are removable so you can put on a high gain antenna. Isupply an extra 16" long whip antenna that you can stick out the top of you pack.

Mantis

Reaction score
Yes, very happy with them. Originally ordered a dozen for our group and then had to order another dozen because everyone was so impressed. Definitely a bonus with all the logging going on in our riding area...thanks Ray!

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Short answer YES. Long answer, BCA 2 watts , Baofeng 8 watts. BCA UHF only, Baofeng UHF and VHF, VHF is generally better out doors. BCA antenna short and not removable, when it is in your pack between your shovel blade and body where is the signal going to go? With the Baofeng antenna are removable so you can put on a high gain antenna. Isupply an extra 16" long whip antenna that you can stick out the top of you pack.

Dammit and I just got a BCA at the sled show lol. I was talking to my brother from the cut block in frisby and he was at the tower in boulder with another group, I dunno if that will happen again or the conditions were right.

I sent you a pm.

Rbrduk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I asked about purchasing the antennas, but he wasn't selling them separate.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've thumbed through this thread quick and have noticed comments like master reset and putting them in a case in your pack.

I read there is a lock feature for the buttons.

Instead of reading the whole thread I'm just going to ask. Can you throw this in your pack like the BCA or do I have to do something special to it.

Thx

Rbrduk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put mine in a side pocket with a square bottle of water. It's a tight fit and doesn't move.
I also lock the key pad. Never had a problem.

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have just been putting mine in the top of my pack and making sure it is locked. If buttons get pressed you can hear it beep. My pack is pretty full so it doesn't get bounced around.

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the awesome service Ray. We will likely need to add some more to our fleet.
Cheers
RS

Yours went out this morning. You should have them for the weekend. Any questions just call me

crashidy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only adjust the pl tonectcss or the t ctcs (same thing). Don't adjust the others. YouTube baofeng frs programming

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only adjust the pl tonectcss or the t ctcs (same thing). Don't adjust the others. YouTube baofeng frs programming

I tried that, I just wish you could change it in CHIRP,..

Editing some 20+ channels through the Baofeng menu is very time consuming

crashidy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Set your frequency for main channel. Under "tone mode"column select "tone". Under tone column enter the subfrequency

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
or don't use CTCSS I see no reason to ever use them in the back country

Phat Cat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I asked about purchasing the antennas, but he wasn't selling them separate.
I just ordered a couple of Nagoa 771 from Baofengtech. You can find antennas cheaper on Ebay or amazon but they could be fake knock offs. Order from Baofeng tech and you know you will get authentic antennas.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom