Baofeng UV82HP radio's now for sale

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL but it is true. The Nagoya factory is actual in Taiwan.

Phat Cat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^^am i the only one that sees the irony in ordering from china to get the "authentic" part
Baofengtech is in the states. Nagoya antenna are made in Taiwan. The fake ones are most likely the ones made in China. Baofengtech is the only way I could see getting an authentic one.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Baofengtech is in the states. Nagoya antenna are made in Taiwan. The fake ones are most likely the ones made in China. Baofengtech is the only way I could see getting an authentic one.

The radio's are still made in China, shipped out of USofA.

Phat Cat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The radio's are still made in China, shipped out of USofA.
Yes the radios are made in China like many other radios. What I am saying is that the authentic Nagoya antennas that are sold by Baofengtech in the states are genuine.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Baofengtech is a distributer. Baofeng is the manufacturer.

Boefeng the factory puts out lots of different radios.

You could order two different UV-5R radios off of Amazon, eBay , Alibaba and get two totally different specs of radio and firmware.

Boefeng Tech atleast eliminates some of that risk by specifying to Boefeng what they want built.

Boefeng tech also builds some really good manuals for their radios, and works with Chirp and Mikilor on the programing fore front.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to getting mine! Thanks Ray.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ray, I haven't seen anything yet about a question I'm going to ask. Sorry if it has come up.

Has any one tried to see what interference there is/are with a beacon or is there any concern?

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ray, I haven't seen anything yet about a question I'm going to ask. Sorry if it has come up.

Has any one tried to see what interference there is/are with a beacon or is there any concern?

I tested it on my Pieps DSP and no interference even when place on top. Ski patrol and heli ski guides have been using radio for years and I have never heard any concern. With the radio in you pack it is going to be over the recommended 20 cm away from electronics.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got my radio and I was surprised to see that its the same size of the BCA. When comparing the two the baofeng is way louder than the BCA when talking on the BCA channels.

Very impressive radio, tried it on ladd1 and could hear a truck calling his km on a oilfield road quite a distance away from my but he was broke up with the small antenna. I installed the bigger one and could hear the driver Crystal clear.

The dual watch feature is cool and if yah select both of the same channels a person should not have to worry about keying up the wrong channel when its in Your pack....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: RGM

jasonrev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have called and PM'd you RGM and haven't heard back from you. Are you still selling the radios?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have called and PM'd you RGM and haven't heard back from you. Are you still selling the radios?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

There is no record you called and if you use tapatalk the PM don't show up on S&M. It is best to email me, link is in sig

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi All

If you need to contact me it is best to email. I am usually out guiding during the day or wrenching and there is no service in my shop. It is hard to try and keep track of the PM's , tapatalk text, FB messages with a different handle for each one. If you would like to order just email how many and include your mailing address. Thanks!

saurus

Reaction score
Just wanted to say we have been using ray's radio all season and they have worked very well. the only issue we had was the external mics sometimes do not connect properly if the cable is stretched, but just give it some slack and the problem is solved.

One thing we did was add the BCA channels (A through F) to the program list because some guest riders have BCA radios. If you do not do this you can still use BCA channels A or F, they correspond to FRS1 and GMRS20 on Ray's default setup.

Ray you may consider adding those channels to the default program list if you haven't already.

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to say we have been using ray's radio all season and they have worked very well. the only issue we had was the external mics sometimes do not connect properly if the cable is stretched, but just give it some slack and the problem is solved.

One thing we did was add the BCA channels (A through F) to the program list because some guest riders have BCA radios. If you do not do this you can still use BCA channels A or F, they correspond to FRS1 and GMRS20 on Ray's default setup.

Ray you may consider adding those channels to the default program list if you haven't already.

I have the BCA factory default channels now in my programing. I am also working on getting some plastic food type containers made that fit well and a mics sock as well. Maybe for next season. I also was able to talk BaoFeng into developing a gang charger.

blackrx1

Reaction score
Excellent radios . When we were stuck in Valemount due to the fatality crash on 16 near Robson Park December 30, involving the Chevy Avalanche and the Toyota Matrix, , the Ladd Channels came in handy . As many of you know the most up todate info is related through the trucker network and BC hiways , before it hits the drivebc.ca site . It was interesting listening to the truckers waking each other up, blowing Air Horns as the Highway was closed for 8 hours .Also you can access the Canoe mountain repeater through the VHF/UHF frequencies . From Valemount townsite, you can talk to Clemina parking lot . Not to sure on the legalities of this .7 to 8 watts is powerful for a handheld . Monitoring and transmitting location on the Logging Roads was helpful in Scotch Creek to avoid a grader . Just a few examples , but handy for sure . RCMP frequencies can be
invaluable as well .😃
could you pm info on the canoe mountain repeater frequencies etc.
thank you

knh208

Reaction score
I have the BCA factory default channels now in my programing. I am also working on getting some plastic food type containers made that fit well and a mics sock as well. Maybe for next season. I also was able to talk BaoFeng into developing a gang charger.
When will the gang charger be available?

Top Bottom