Baofeng UV82HP radio's now for sale

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would like to say you cannot, but i am not so sure of that. If they do a factory reset using the menu you can just reload it, no problem. I had one fellow bring in a radio that was reset somehow, seemed different than a factory reset, i just gave him a new radio. I finally got his reprogrammed using baofeng software.

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ray do you have any dual transmit mics
sometimes guys only have rino or bca and most my crew is on the boas
so it would be nice to use both frequencies off the shoulder

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only ones I have found that make them is Baofeng and they are crap. You can still use you shoulder mic on channel A by pressing the PPT A on the radio. Got to take it out of your pack for that though.

banditpowdercoat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ray, how do I go to frequency mode???? The colors and VHF numbers mean **** to me.. I need frequencies for non common channels

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sucks for BCA, because they have to follow the rules. They are a nice radio, but the Baofeng's are way better.

Do you ever run on ladd 1 on the drive out from golden to revy to hear truckers talking about issues, accidents etc? Decent range ?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you ever run on ladd 1 on the drive out from golden to revy to hear truckers talking about issues, accidents etc? Decent range ?
All the time, even for smokey bears via Ladd 1 lol

Any long trip, winter of summer I take it along

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yeah its got pretty decent range. not as good as a 50watt CB radio, but pretty good for a hand held.

AaronQ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am sell 50 Watt mobile dual band dual channels now too if anyone is interested.
We just ordered ten or so of those units for the farm and I'll tell you guys they are awesome. Had a couple of the older series Ray carried before in a couple of tractors and a pickup and they were decent but the new one he has are even better. Range wise here around central Alberta we'll get 12 to 20 km outta them. Only had one trip to the mountains with it this winter so far but coming outta silent pass we were at around km 20 ish and could talk back to a buddy of mine in a service truck at km 53 or better. They work and they work good. Have about a half dozen Motorola's from before and when they start capping the bed they'll just get swapped out with the baofeng units and carry on. Worth every penny, thanks Ray!

• Love
Reactions: RGM
Top Bottom