Baofeng UV82HP radio's now for sale

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry a little off topic. There are times when I try to program friends radios and I get a message in chirp regarding the radio firmware. Anyone know how to upgrade Baofeng radio firmware? Thanks.

The UV-82HP has a different firmware than the UV-82. Try select that model. If you are getting errors and can't upload or download use the baofeng software instead.

C of Red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks gents for the firmware info. Sorry to hijack the thread for a couple posts.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha, you could try baofeng software if you did not want to see any firmware error messages.

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It works! Chirp is better though but won't work with every baofeng model.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What’s the Baofeng software like compared to Chirp?

You can enter in the RX and TX frequencies without having to calculate offsets, i have never had it not work. You might have a bit of trouble finding the english switch though. You will have to download the software which fits your model.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've heard some rumors that the Government has handed out fines for people selling Baofeng Radios. Has anyone else heard this?

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You need a license to transmit, no one needs a license to listen or buy them. I think Fleetwood locks their UV-5r so can cannot transmit on the UHF.

Reactions: RGM

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the order Ray.

does it matter what level the battery is at before i charge it. My charger flashes red/green all the time, whats up with that?

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a couple from a dealer and was told they just recieved a fine for selling them, they said bca was pushing hard to the government to get fines handed out to users of this radio aswell

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The shop that got the fine said they were also dropping the whole bca lineup, said it was just bca loosing $$$$$ so they complained. But honestly u cant compare the two radios the baofeng crush’s most other radios for range and also much cheeper.

If this is true then BCA will have lost a lot of potential customers

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Be careful with your chargers, where you plug into the base unit of the charger with the cord they are very fragile, we broke 2 this weekend, we took them apart and they are not very durable

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Still love the radios though, work very well for sledding !

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a couple from a dealer and was told they just recieved a fine for selling them, they said bca was pushing hard to the government to get fines handed out to users of this radio aswell

I have also heard this from a local dealer the other day, when I was over to their shop.

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
crtc has a regulations in place for the power a unlicensed radio can have so bca is prob pushing
gov to enforce this as the boafeng are way over powered and awesome btw
big brother again

Top Bottom