Badly injured s&m member --- esox

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
The power of determination is amazing and I have no doubts in due time you'll be back on the hills.....best wishes and hopes of a speedy recovery from my family to yours.

Bogger:beer:

M

mattmedic

Hoping you and your family the best for the future, rest and rehab, as someone stated above think positive and positive things will happen....

take care , Matt

ESOX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
stay positive and positive things will happen

im sure im not the only one thinking this but is there anyway we can help out with the finances (recovery bills ect...)

heres to a speedy recovery:crutch:
Thanks for that very generous offer but with a few changes I think we'll be alright for now. However...I will not refuse a beer at any time, in case we happen to meet up at a suds night or something!

Actually I will need to sell my sled 07 Summit Adrenaline 800 with 1700miles. I'm open to offers and/or willing to consider trade for quad of equal value. Please PM me if anyone is interested
Thanks, ESOX

bigdog67

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My thought are with you Bry....I hope it all turns out for the best.If you need anything at all,if I can help,please don't hesitate to ask.

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for that very generous offer but with a few changes I think we'll be alright for now. However...I will not refuse a beer at any time, in case we happen to meet up at a suds night or something!

Actually I will need to sell my sled 07 Summit Adrenaline 800 with 1700miles. I'm open to offers and/or willing to consider trade for quad of equal value. Please PM me if anyone is interested
Thanks, ESOX

I will pass this onto a few guys that I ride with that ride Doo's. All the best :)

drford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I want to say thank-you to everyone for the positive thoughts and prayers, they really do mean alot from where I'm sitting.:) It's been a 'life-changer' for me and my family but in the end we'll be alright and it has a lot to do with friends and family who have helped us out along the way. There are wayyyy to many people to thank but being the S&M site I must share with everyone the value of the friends you sled with. In my case there was a group of seven of us and on the day in question we had gotten split up so that there was only three of us when the accident occured. The other guys were on the mountain somewhere at the time. Let me tell you this, when you're on the side of a mountain in bad shape, the ugly faces of your buddies will look like angels:eek:. My 'angels' had a satellite phone and a SPOT tracker and managed to make contact with Revy but not before the rest of the gang found us via 2-way radios. There are always threads talking about safety equipment and what to pack each year but the one thing that I remember fondly is the 'hot-packs' that the boys stuck to my chest. This was because even with all the technology that was there...the helicopter ended up finding us by the smoke fire that the guys made. It was a solid two hours before the chopper landed and I gotta tell ya, two hours on snow is damn cold!!!. But back to the important part. Your friends will stick with you and keep your spirits up while making fires, heating hot packs, making pillows from the toques they're wearing, and stamping out a rescue trail and landing zone. They will do all this and still manage to ask for details and check out your sled for damages, not to mention having the incredible presence of mind to snap a few pics while they're at it. And when the rescue personnel arrives and consists of two smallish nurses... having your buddies carry you to the helicopter is a good thing (until you start recalling just how much booze they drank the night before). I could go on but I think the point is made..."Gotta love those guys".

The latest update, is alot of physio for me over the next few months and prognosis for walking is 50/50 (I've tried to get a yes/no answer from all the docs along the way but they are all pretty vague). More definite prognosis after a few months when the majority of spinal swelling is gone.

P.S- I hope the sled gods cooperate with the possibility of future sledding because the boys are already planning my "out of retirement" trip for next year. One must have goals and here are mine...a round of golf this summer and a sled-trip to the mountains next year!. (the OT/physio departments might have some challenges fitting a sled with a grab-bar and safety straps, but I'm sure blue cross would cover it.

Later all and thanks again!
:cool:ESOX (Brian)

I hear you're pain i was in the same boat after a quading accident on fathers day 2008( yes you're buddies look like angels but the worst was my 8 year old watching it happen it made me panic more ) it is a LIFESTYLE CHANGER like no other i did breifly loose feeling did not require surgery but at age 30 i almost lost my ability to walk it did not get me down though i pursued it i still have back pain and am in phisio still ( most likely permanent) but i am back on the atv's and unload with caution and ride differently now.:beer:

hope you heal fast and still get back to enjoying the snow in the future :beer::beer: determination will get you a long way and you seem to have it

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hope you have a speedy recovery, and keep the possitive attitude, it's amazing what the mind can do to help. :d

treemongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kudo's to the crew you ride with, stay positive and keep those goals, and hopefully we'll see you on the golf course this summer.

Rvr

Reaction score
i hope Brian has as fast as posable recovery Best wishes.

redlineguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have not been on much so just saw this thread:(.. Good luck dude:beer:

jncmcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
stay positive esox, the road to recovery can be very long, but it sounds to me that you have an excellent support crew. it sure makes a guy feel good when he knows that the ugly muthers that he spends his time with are always willing to do what ever it takes to help out in what ever way! flipped my quad in nordegg last summer and cracked my head good, my crew was there immedietly, got me out of the wreck. takes a long time to build a bond like that, but once its there nothing feels better! speedy recovery to you esox, and thank you to your crew.:):):)

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Hey esox....... How are you progressing with rehab etc??? What's the latest?? JUST THINKIN' 'BOUT YA....... YOU NEED ANYTHING JUST LET US KNOW......

ESOX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey esox....... How are you progressing with rehab etc??? What's the latest?? JUST THINKIN' 'BOUT YA....... YOU NEED ANYTHING JUST LET US KNOW......

Well, one thing I can say is that physiotherapists have an uncanny ability to find exercises for any muscle that will make you feel like a wimp, because you can't perform the movement!. Readers digest version is this: doc is pleased with everything thus far and my rehab days are fairly full. working on standing and some steps with a walker but need ankle braces and hoping some AZZ muscles come back to life to make walking alot easier. I did take a dip in the pool and made it out!, so that's a good thing!. Back pain is virtually gone and I'm off all the heavy dope so I'm not in a fog everyday. Home on the weekends and maybe getting discharged mid-April. The plan is "wait and see" with respect to any muscle and nerve changes down the road. (it's the 'wait and see' that drives me nuts).
Thanks Ric and everyone for the thoughts and comments Brian:cool:

Top Bottom