Badly injured s&m member --- esox

powderpusher

Reaction score
Get well soon ,hope to see you out riding again ,from powderpusher and all the rest of the sled heads in the whitecourt area

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been there but no where near as bad.....here's to a speedy recovery, hope everything goes well from here. Stay strong!!!

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
get well soon, hope all is well..............S&M is here to support you if you need anything i'm sure the people here will do what ever we can.

Scuba OUT.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Esox, sorry to hear of this news. Hope you have a full recovery and are able to live with as little pain as possible. And as I know from past experiences, this is also hard on you and your family both emotionaly and finacially as well and I wish you a speedy recovery.

ESOX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I want to say thank-you to everyone for the positive thoughts and prayers, they really do mean alot from where I'm sitting.:) It's been a 'life-changer' for me and my family but in the end we'll be alright and it has a lot to do with friends and family who have helped us out along the way. There are wayyyy to many people to thank but being the S&M site I must share with everyone the value of the friends you sled with. In my case there was a group of seven of us and on the day in question we had gotten split up so that there was only three of us when the accident occured. The other guys were on the mountain somewhere at the time. Let me tell you this, when you're on the side of a mountain in bad shape, the ugly faces of your buddies will look like angels:eek:. My 'angels' had a satellite phone and a SPOT tracker and managed to make contact with Revy but not before the rest of the gang found us via 2-way radios. There are always threads talking about safety equipment and what to pack each year but the one thing that I remember fondly is the 'hot-packs' that the boys stuck to my chest. This was because even with all the technology that was there...the helicopter ended up finding us by the smoke fire that the guys made. It was a solid two hours before the chopper landed and I gotta tell ya, two hours on snow is damn cold!!!. But back to the important part. Your friends will stick with you and keep your spirits up while making fires, heating hot packs, making pillows from the toques they're wearing, and stamping out a rescue trail and landing zone. They will do all this and still manage to ask for details and check out your sled for damages, not to mention having the incredible presence of mind to snap a few pics while they're at it. And when the rescue personnel arrives and consists of two smallish nurses... having your buddies carry you to the helicopter is a good thing (until you start recalling just how much booze they drank the night before). I could go on but I think the point is made..."Gotta love those guys".

The latest update, is alot of physio for me over the next few months and prognosis for walking is 50/50 (I've tried to get a yes/no answer from all the docs along the way but they are all pretty vague). More definite prognosis after a few months when the majority of spinal swelling is gone.

P.S- I hope the sled gods cooperate with the possibility of future sledding because the boys are already planning my "out of retirement" trip for next year. One must have goals and here are mine...a round of golf this summer and a sled-trip to the mountains next year!. (the OT/physio departments might have some challenges fitting a sled with a grab-bar and safety straps, but I'm sure blue cross would cover it.

Later all and thanks again!
:cool:ESOX (Brian)

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope you have a speedy and full recovery. I was out at Powder King this weekend with a buddy who had broken his back about 5 years ago. This is his first season back on the sled. Keep a positive attitude and you will be back to your old self soon.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I want to say thank-you to everyone for the positive thoughts and prayers, they really do mean alot from where I'm sitting.:) It's been a 'life-changer' for me and my family but in the end we'll be alright and it has a lot to do with friends and family who have helped us out along the way. There are wayyyy to many people to thank but being the S&M site I must share with everyone the value of the friends you sled with. In my case there was a group of seven of us and on the day in question we had gotten split up so that there was only three of us when the accident occured. The other guys were on the mountain somewhere at the time. Let me tell you this, when you're on the side of a mountain in bad shape, the ugly faces of your buddies will look like angels:eek:. My 'angels' had a satellite phone and a SPOT tracker and managed to make contact with Revy but not before the rest of the gang found us via 2-way radios. There are always threads talking about safety equipment and what to pack each year but the one thing that I remember fondly is the 'hot-packs' that the boys stuck to my chest. This was because even with all the technology that was there...the helicopter ended up finding us by the smoke fire that the guys made. It was a solid two hours before the chopper landed and I gotta tell ya, two hours on snow is damn cold!!!. But back to the important part. Your friends will stick with you and keep your spirits up while making fires, heating hot packs, making pillows from the toques they're wearing, and stamping out a rescue trail and landing zone. They will do all this and still manage to ask for details and check out your sled for damages, not to mention having the incredible presence of mind to snap a few pics while they're at it. And when the rescue personnel arrives and consists of two smallish nurses... having your buddies carry you to the helicopter is a good thing (until you start recalling just how much booze they drank the night before). I could go on but I think the point is made..."Gotta love those guys".

The latest update, is alot of physio for me over the next few months and prognosis for walking is 50/50 (I've tried to get a yes/no answer from all the docs along the way but they are all pretty vague). More definite prognosis after a few months when the majority of spinal swelling is gone.

P.S- I hope the sled gods cooperate with the possibility of future sledding because the boys are already planning my "out of retirement" trip for next year. One must have goals and here are mine...a round of golf this summer and a sled-trip to the mountains next year!. (the OT/physio departments might have some challenges fitting a sled with a grab-bar and safety straps, but I'm sure blue cross would cover it.

Later all and thanks again!
:cool:ESOX (Brian)

Wow Brian,
You are an amazing man. My dad who is a polio survivor told me that his determination and positive attitude were the reasons for his ability to walk, even when the doctors didn't think he ever would. With your ability to shine gratitude and strength through this difficult time, I have no doubt we'll be seeing you on the hills in no time!
God bless you and your family!:)

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Geeze, bry, i had to fight back a big ole tear there....... Man i feel for you. If there is anything i can do to help out, you know where i am..........praying for you. Chin up, brian!!

Summitric:(

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your story and staying positive. My thoughts are with you for a quick and complete recovery.

mallard d69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
stay positive and positive things will happen

im sure im not the only one thinking this but is there anyway we can help out with the finances (recovery bills ect...)

heres to a speedy recovery:crutch:

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Brian there is something to be learned for all, by your story and positive attitude! My thoughts are with you, and your family.

Top Bottom