Backpacks, What is everyone using ???

Carson24

Reaction score
Looking to purchase a backpack for all the gear, trying to find one that is small and comfortable and will hold all the avy gear ?? Klim, FXR, North Face, Black Diamond ??

Any Recommendations ?

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Use this opportunity to step up to an avy bag. Easy decision.

Opps... You are in Ontario. Not too sure how often you see Avy terrain.

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a few dakine packs. I bring out the one that holds all the stuff I need for a given day. I have the heli 2, and the blade.

Both are awesome, you can organise your stuff with no worries, and it keeps your avy gear handy.

Cowboyup083

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I pick up a HMK pack this past winter. it has lots of room for all of my gear and it seem so be lighter than my old pack.

chopshopking

Reaction score
I just got the Ski-doo summit tunnel bag and so far it's good. It's nice to have the option to put the bag on your sled if your going on the trail. Very comfortable when its on and has alot of room for all your gear, easy to use and has place for anything you need for avy gear. As long as your driving a Ski-doo it's a very good looking and easy to use backpack.

island rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use dakine heli pro but I think they call it a heli pro 2 now ,fits shovel probe easy and has wider straps than most , that help adjustment so you dont even know your waering it . it is very compact holds bladder your lunch a six pack extra gloves and a sweater and a survival kit and a few tools , I have had mine for 4 years it has been great no problems with it at all . Hope that helps

Reaction score
I just bought a Orthovox bag, Its got inside pockets for shovel and probe so you cant lose them and its super light.
The real test will be next week when i give it a go in revy

funtimes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I recently bought mysef a KLIM. I like it a lot, small yet it will hold everything that I need.

thump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got the HMK last year for Xmas, works great. Got the Snowpulse avybag this year for Xmas. I now have a pack for the mountains and one for home:d Both will hold all I need to carry. I have a handle bar bag that I can put some of the heavier stuff in.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like my HMK bag, it could be a touch bigger thought.

caddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the SOS pack for the last 2 years and is very comfy, but a little small(17L) so now I've steped up to the Dakine Poacher(38L),doesn't feel a whole lot bigger, but nice to have the room.

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I'm being too obtrusive, I can remove this post, but what do people think of their avy bags? Do they fit nice and snug? Can you carry everything you need in it? Would you be able to snowboard downhill while wearing one?

Just curious

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SOS bag for many years. Only reason I'm changing is my BCA Float 30 Avy bag will soon be here.

Carson24

Reaction score
Has anyone used this pack, Black Diamond Avalung Back Pack looks interesting ??

http://www.blackdiamondequipment.com/en-us/shop/ski/avalung/outlaw-avalung

t-bomb

Reaction score
Bought a BCA "stash" pack and the shovel with probe in the handel (slick shovel) but the stupid thing didn't fit inside...just a tiny bit too small. So I ended up having to buy the B.C. stash pack because it was bigger to fit the shovel.:confused:

I called the guys at BCA to see what the deal was and they were like "really" so they checked while i was on the phone and were "DOH" ya big screw up if you ask me.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
15L ABS AVY Bag!!!! Might save your life!!!

I wonder what it will do if you have to spend a night on the mountain one day? There is NO way in hell your carrying enough survival gear in a 15L bag. My dakine is guide is 50L I believe, and gets nearly full.

Like it very much, it's a very big pack but don't notice it. And well worth it if you need to use that stuff one night.

Top Bottom