Backcountry Cooking!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I had been putting parchment paper just on the bottom to keep things from burning but after a few roll overs from stucks Lol it was a mess. Maybe I should drive more responsibly until meal is cooked. One time had grease come out some side venting made it look like sled had major indigestion. :) May have to put chicken wings in house oven first to burn off more of grease before the cooker can does it's job. Will never have a sled without one anymore.....

The only "meat" I put in raw is seafood and the "liquid" that generates is too much. Lots of water in the pan.

Wings, ribs, steak, etc.. are all pre-cooked and frozen on a matter of principle. Additional sauces, like Sweet Chill Thai, Plum Sauce, honey mustard, etc.. all produce an unwanted liquid but I just clean the "kitchen" every once in awhile.

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree meat should be precooked. Will be trying another brand of wings to see if the problem still exists.

Jake jenkins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can buy those foil trays at the wholesale store in edm they fit perfect inside your cooker can and you can get lids there also , it's like 13 bucks for 50 trays and 50 lids

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How do these cookers work on the up right cans ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They cook better right on the can inlet but still do the job on the side of the can just takes a bit longer. Use parchment bags to contain the mess or it will run out the lid.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They cook better right on the can inlet but still do the job on the side of the can just takes a bit longer. Use parchment bags to contain the mess or it will run out the lid.

If I'm cooking I usually stop and rotate the cooker about 20 minutes after I stick it in. I drain any excess liquid at that time as it has leaked before. It really doesn't take too long to cook from raw with no worries about being fully cooked. Quality food takes a bit more attention than pizza pops lol just pin it longer!

Sent from no snow dipperland phuck

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do these work just as good on a 4 stroke? Can I just strap it to the side of my vertical can?
Of course it's heat! I clamped mine on top of the pipe going into the can so it sits flat. Rode a bit but it melted the cheese in my sandwich.

Top Bottom